• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... total rebuild it is.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Jon Snow said:

That's not the plan but nobody's getting fired if they do.  

I’m not so sure right now. Tepper is not the kind of guy to hope things fall into place on its own. I think he has his eye on the next franchise QB, and wants him next year.

He’ll do what it takes to secure long term success.

Just now, Real1zOnly said:

I agree with Cam, but I don't see why we would trade CMC so fast. Fans still have to go to the games. We trade CMC we will lose a lot of fans. Not worth it.

Bingo. A billionaire hedge fund manager still understands the value of selling beers at $11 a pop.

10 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Go full bore fire sale?

Idk about that. Still plenty of talent on this team that I don't want going anywhere. But historically running backs don't see more than 6-7 elite years, just the nature of the beast. And to be fair I doubt McCaffrey wants to spend his prime on a rebuilding team. The running back position is just entirely different from the rest

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

I’m not so sure right now. Tepper is not the kind of guy to hope things fall into place on its own. I think he has his eye on the next franchise QB, and wants him next year.

He’ll do what it takes to secure long term success.

There's no way you can realistically tank to guarantee the number one pick and that's what it's going to take to get a franchise qb if that's the goal.  If Lawrence is the goal then you will have to have the number 1 pick and whoever has it will not give it up.  You can take that to the bank.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

There's no way you can realistically tank to guarantee the number one pick and that's what it's going to take to get a franchise qb if that's the goal.  If Lawrence is the goal then you will have to have the number 1 pick and whoever has it will not give it up.  You can take that to the bank.

You don’t need #1 to get a franchise QB....hello Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, etc.

A top 5 pick next year could do it.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Really going out on a limb with that one since we were the worst run defense this year. 2296 yards (30th I think) with 5.2 ypc (32nd) and 32 TDs (32nd) Is about as bad as it gets. Our run defense made the top RB stats look pedestrian.

Wow there isn’t anything getting by you is there 

2 minutes ago, TheGoldenRhule said:

What talent we have zero defensive line or offensive line talent.

Brian Burns showed signs of being an elite pass rusher, Rivera just didn't play him for whatever reason. Curtis Samuel I think will breakout eventually, I feel awful for how he's been treated here. I still think Moton will be a very good RT. Ian Thomas is exciting. There are guys here.

Archived