• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... total rebuild it is.

Jeremy Igo

All this nonsense about trading Cam, I see it much more likely we try to trade DOWN our first pick, not up. With Kuechly’s retirement we now have five main targets in the first round as I see it. The three OTs, the DT and the LB.  If Tua or some other trade up worthy player falls to our spot, I could see us moving back 3-8 spots and still be relatively confident one of those five will still be there while picking up an extra 2nd or two. 

I think CMC just stubbed his toe, time to put him on the IR for next season.

In all honesty, I'm afraid of any strategy of trying to tank for a top draft pick solely because of CMC.  I think he's too good of a player to not carry us to at least 3-4 wins next year and likely cost us the #1 pick.

So I'm very torn as to what to do next, in particular around Cam, losing Kuechly is a huge blow to next year's aspirations.

37 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Considering where we are drafting we could still get a good LB later. Dont have to draft one at 7. But wouldn't be mad at Simmons now. Didnt see the point prior to keek retiring. 

Possibly maintain course on our prior draft opinions and play shaq at MLB in the 43. Then run alot of nickel, we can land a good slot CB later in the draft.

49 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Welp, this is a period of complete and total rebuilding. Aside from CMC and Moore I really have no idea who else is safe. 

Imo we should trade McCaffrey, if we are going full rebuild he'll probably be past his prime by the time we are competing again. Sell high

Just now, TheGoldenRhule said:

I don't care what you say there were not any aspirations for next season..... for sure a contributing factor to this.

Cam gone next christ that sucks we really did waste their careers.

We didn’t. Ron’s ass and JR did.

7 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

All this nonsense about trading Cam, I see it much more likely we try to trade DOWN our first pick, not up. With Kuechly’s retirement we now have five main targets in the first round as I see it. The three OTs, the DT and the LB.  If Tua or some other trade up worthy player falls to our spot, I could see us moving back 3-8 spots and still be relatively confident one of those five will still be there while picking up an extra 2nd or two. 

Smart didn’t think about it from this angle but makes perfect sense 

2 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Imo we should trade McCaffrey, if we are going full rebuild he'll probably be past his prime by the time we are competing again. Sell high

I 100% agree. We might need those draft picks to move up this year or next.

Archived