• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty on Rhule and Cam Newton status

Jeremy Igo

Just now, TheRed said:

It's one thing to say it, entirely another to watch it unfold. Especially with all this recent talk of a new stadium. If we are at least competitive the next couple of years that will make a huge difference.

Regardless, you can't rebuild without a QB.

They have no choice.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Only in your mind.  It is absolutely debatable.  Cam can't carry this team alone anymore.  Thinking so is just a fans dream.  

Sadly, this is the truth. Cam couldn’t even throw a ball straight last year. This isn’t me hating on him, as so many believe. I want cam here for his entire career. It’s just a simple fact. I personally believe Tepper thought cam was/is wrapped up in his own head too much, that’s where the “healthy” comment comes in. He isn’t just talking about physical injury.

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Sadly, this is the truth. Cam couldn’t even throw a ball straight last year. This isn’t me hating on him, as so many believe. I want cam here for his entire career. It’s just a simple fact. I personally believe Tepper thought cam was/is wrapped up in his own head too much, that’s where the “healthy” comment comes in. He isn’t just talking about physical injury.

I don't think it's that as much as it's the fact has hasn't been able to play a full season in 3 years.  That's not a safe investment to be counting on going forward regardless of what you think about Cam personally.

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Rhule might end up being a great hire, but I would temper expectations for 2020. 

I would expect us to be at least competitive this year because we were last year and the year before. A 1-15 season isn't what I'm expecting. 

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Rhule might end up being a great hire, but I would temper expectations for 2020. 

I agree wholeheartedly, but when I think of Jerry Richardson pouting in the owners booth, and Riverboat's frozen stare on the sidelines, I can't help but be excited for WHATEVER this year brings.  At least the head guys involved are ALIVE!!

1 minute ago, pinkfloyd said:

I agree wholeheartedly, but when I think of Jerry Richardson pouting in the owners booth, and Riverboat's frozen stare on the sidelines, I can't help but be excited for WHATEVER this year brings.  At least the head guys involved are ALIVE!!

0-16 and would you feel the same way?

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They have no choice.

Debatable. We will have plenty of cap space and ability to make moves as we see fit even as early as this offseason.

Hey man, let's just be blunt here. Marty Hurney is still our general manager for some reason. You are going to have a tough time selling a 5 year rebuild knowing all that we know of his past as a GM if he is indeed going to continue running the show.

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Hurney’s seat is already warm. We lose again Tepper will pull a trigger at someone.

Based on Tepper's close relationship with Hurney - evident from the press conference yesterday - I don't think he's even close to being on the warm seat unless he completely misses on draft picks and screws up the cap. 

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

Based on Tepper's close relationship with Hurney - evident from the press conference yesterday - I don't think he's even close to being on the warm seat unless he completely misses on draft picks and screws up the cap. 

Tepper isn’t going to fire rhule one year into his contract. The only person he can target will be Hurney. 

That said as long as Hurney is around welcome to life as a bottom rung team.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If he will play for 20 million and show he can stay healthy I think it is definitely worth seeing what he can do. But ultimately the Panthers have all the information and will make their own decision. 

We both know this isn’t a Panthers decision. He won’t be healthy enough before the draft to fully evaluate which means a decision would need to be made without knowing his health. He’s here unless he decides he doesn’t want to play on the one year deal. 

This year pretty much will play itself out. The big decision will come next year. 

Archived