• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Rhule leaning 4-3 on defense

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Been saying that since the day I heard it.

T:  How are you going to fix the defense....you know, your specialty?

R:  Ummmm, uhhhhh, Peppers....that's not it.....Wash.....I got it.....34!!!!!!

jerry: ron your team went 5-11, why shouldn't i fire you 

ron: jesus jerry we just redid the entire defense, you're gonna have to give it a few years to pan out

marty: he makes a great point jerry, let's extend him through 2030

thank god tepper exists

10 minutes ago, Mitchl13 said:

Please explain how a 240 DE cam play in a 4-3. Yes, if he is willing to play LB then fine, but he can’t play DE in that scheme.

Burns weighed in at 249 at the Combine. He has the frame to easily add another 15+ pounds.

But, as to successful 240ish pound 4-3 DEs? Jason Taylor and Robert Mathis both come to mind. Taylor in particular had a very similar build to Burns.

33 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

Burns, Haynes, Christian Miller, Irvin, etc are all better off in 34

We were 2nd in the NFL in sacks

It's much easier and cheaper to fix run defense than finding pash rushers;  this is dumb

I agree..this is not good news to anyone that looks at the writing on the wall. We dont have ends to run a 3-4  or a star to pair with short. This is bad. Not to mention stunting growth of Burns, Haynes and all those who shine in pass rushing roles Irving.

12 minutes ago, Mitchl13 said:

Please explain how a 240 DE cam play in a 4-3. Yes, if he is willing to play LB then fine, but he can’t play DE in that scheme.

He played a 4-3 DE THIS season. The Switch to a 34 was the most widely false narrative going around. Did we use some 34??? Yes. But we ran just as much 43. So to say he cant is completely asinine.

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Sounds to me it'll be a mix of both or mainly nickel. I still think you will just see Luke and Shaq on the field as linebackers. 

Everyone in today's NFL primarily runs nickel. Nickel IS the base defense in today's NFL. The base defenses of old have become today's sub-packages.

anyway this is not good news for burns since now they are going to be asking him to adjust to a skill set he was not projected to play when he was coming out of college. he was looking like a natural fit as a 3-4 OLB, and at this point he’s either going to put on weight and flourish as a down lineman or go totally everette brown on the edge 

great long game thinking there marty

2 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

anyway this is not good news for burns since now they are going to be asking him to adjust to a skill set he was not projected to play when he was coming out of college. he was looking like a natural fit as a 3-4 OLB, and at this point he’s either going to put on weight and flourish as a down lineman or go totally everette brown on the edge 

great long game thinking there marty

To be honest, not his strongest suit. 

Danielle Hunter - DE - 6'5 252 LBS - 14.5 Sacks.

Robert Quinn - DE - 6'4 260 LBS - 11.5 Sacks. 

Maxx Crosby - DE - 6'5 255 LBS - 10 Sacks. 

8 people listed at DE that had 10 sacks + this season. 3 of which were 260 or less. 

Brian Burns - DE - 6'5 250 LBS.  

Archived