• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Saints are one and done pie thread.

Jeremy Igo

Hill isn't taking over for Brees.  If anything he is a really really good gimmick/swiss army knife.  If Brees were to retire, they'd go with Bridgewater.  Sorta like they did when Brees was out.  

Plugging Hill in as a regular QB will remove his biggest advantage, that being you don't know what exactly he will do because he can line up anywhere.

There is a reason he is QB3 and not QB2.

33 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Hill isn't taking over for Brees.  If anything he is a really really good gimmick/swiss army knife.  If Brees were to retire, they'd go with Bridgewater.  Sorta like they did when Brees was out.  

Plugging Hill in as a regular QB will remove his biggest advantage, that being you don't know what exactly he will do because he can line up anywhere.

There is a reason he is QB3 and not QB2.

He’s a pretty good TE2 for sure, full back, special teamer

i hate that he’s a Saint but he’s a badass.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Honestly they may have won if they would have kept Brees on the bench and Hill in the game as QB.  I'm glad they didn't though.  Hill is ready to take over for Brees.

While I think Hill is a very good player, I am not sure he is ready to be QB1 for an NFL team.  I think he would have some early success, but I think DCs would catch up to him and he has limited talent as a passer.

Just my 2 cents.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

While I think Hill is a very good player, I am not sure he is ready to be QB1 for an NFL team.  I think he would have some early success, but I think DCs would catch up to him and he had limited talent as a passer.

Just my 2 cents.

As a straight up pocket passer, I would agree with you, he's somewhat limited.  However, we all see his value is heavily weighted as an option threat.  Dude was trucking linebackers.

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Well hawks are still in but other than that. Not bad. Wish Philly and buffalo would have won. 

Buffalo yes, but Philly fans are largely garbage. I have accounts to back up that statement.  So while I really wasn't wanting the Seahawks to win, I couldn't bring myself to pull for Philly either.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Buffalo yes, but Philly fans are largely garbage. I have accounts to back up that statement.  So while I really wasn't wanting the Seahawks to win, I couldn't bring myself to pull for Philly either.

Ya... I get that but on the list the Seahawks fall above Philly on the hate list. 

Saints planned their party.  The Vikings planned to win.

A loose and confident Saints team got off to a laborious start that left them furiously digging out of a hole as the end of regulation loomed. They ultimately did; ultimately, it was not enough.

The post-game locker room had been jubilant all year. The Saints turned it into a sort of discotheque, bringing the fog machine and the multicolored lights and massive speakers with them on game day no matter where they played. There was always an expectation of victory, usually with Davis dancing at the center of the post-game party, and that expectation did not change coming into Sunday’s game.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_9c805458-301f-11ea-8523-b7422c55dc41.html

Archived