• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Saints are one and done pie thread.

Jeremy Igo

16 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Buffalo yes, but Philly fans are largely garbage. I have accounts to back up that statement.  So while I really wasn't wanting the Seahawks to win, I couldn't bring myself to pull for Philly either.

15 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Ya... I get that but on the list the Seahawks fall above Philly on the hate list. 

All you really need to know about Philly's fanbase is they are the only NFL franchise with a jail right in the stadium because they need it, and they once threw iceballs and snowballs and batteries at Santa Claus.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Who hates on Santa Claus? Seriously, that is just a "give me your decent human being card right now." move.

56 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Ya'll shouldn't have poked the bear(NFL) before the playoffs(Antonio Brown situation). They got you.

Eh, it was probably coming regardless. The whole AB situation just sped up the process really so instead of it being against Green Bay or San Francisco/Seattle they fast-tracked it to Wild Card weekend.

We certainly didn’t help ourselves by only playing 2 and a half quarters though.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Long story, one you're probably just as well off not hearing.

I’ll have to take your word for it then!

1 minute ago, Iron Saint said:

Eh, it was probably coming regardless. The whole AB situation just sped up the process really so instead of it being against Green Bay or San Francisco/Seattle they fast-tracked it to Wild Card weekend.

We certainly didn’t help ourselves by only playing 2 and a half quarters though.

I’ll have to take your word for it then!

Do you think Brees is done in Nola?

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Do you think Brees is done in Nola?

I don’t think so personally, but until he puts pen to contract, everything’s really up in the air.

I honestly feel that time on the sideline this year really made him hungry, however he definitely needs another viable target at WR opposite Thomas. Additionally, Payton needs to get his head out of his ass and call the game to our strengths instead of trying to throw it 40 times a game. Run the damn ball, dude. Brees’ fumble never should’ve happened if we would’ve been running the damn ball right there.

Just now, Iron Saint said:

I don’t think so personally, but until he puts pen to contract, everything’s really up in the air.

I honestly feel that time on the sideline this year really made him hungry, however he definitely needs another viable target at WR opposite Thomas. Additionally, Payton needs to get his head out of his ass and call the game to our strengths instead of trying to throw it 40 times a game. Run the damn ball, dude. Brees’ fumble never should’ve happened if we would’ve been running the damn ball right there.

I was more thinking the reason being his arm didn’t seem right towards the end of the season. He’s what 41?

8 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I do firmly believe the NFL was going to fug ya'll regardless of when. You can't keep antagonizing the league and they just accept it.

Brees said he wants to return, you gonna keep Bridgewater around or roll with Captain Gimmick as the future?

4 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

You kept saying yoi were gonna run the ball(against Green Bay). I told you, Payton wants to pass the ball.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I was more thinking the reason being his arm didn’t seem right towards the end of the season. He’s what 41?

Well the thing is his arm strength has been the same all year, we’ve just strategically gameplanned around it all year for the most part to hide it. Not having a viable threat outside of Thomas and Cook reall hindered the offense’s production and let the Vikings’ pass rush tee off. 

He makes 41 next Wednesday, but until he feels he can’t perform his best is when I think he calls it quits. When he starts throwing off-target ducks on short yardage plays, that’s going to be the writing on the wall.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I do firmly believe the NFL was going to fug ya'll regardless of when. You can't keep antagonizing the league and they just accept it.

Brees said he wants to return, you gonna keep Bridgewater around or roll with Captain Gimmick as the future?

Oh indeed, but they would have it in their back pocket regardless so they figured why not play that hand now and get it out the way?

And Payton really likes Hill, but it will depend on the kind of offers Bridgewater will receive in free agency if he’s able to be retained. Last year he turned down more money and a starting gig to return and it paid off for him. If he feels he the teams he receives offers from won’t put him in a good position to succeed, he may return again.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

You kept saying yoi were gonna run the ball(against Green Bay). I told you, Payton wants to pass the ball.

Indeed he does, however I was basing a running game plan against Green Bay being dependent on the weather factoring in prohibiting a pass-heavy gameplan.

After watching that game yesterday though, might be good we didn’t advance to have to watch Aaron Jones run around the left end all game because our RDE can’t set a goddamn edge. No idea why Mario Edwards was getting so many snaps yesterday, but when Trey Hendrickson came in at that spot, those long runs vanished and Cook started getting stuffed. Should’ve been like that all game.

1 hour ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Before the season I predicted that Saints will blow their draft picks and their cap space, then still fail and blame someone else for their choking.

Umm, we nailed our draft and got two bonafide starters and a solid back up. As for the cap space, who’d we blow it on? Our guys that were paid big money (Thomas, Murray, Cook, Brown, Easton) all played very well.

1 out of 3 isn’t bad tho.

:Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Archived