• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers ask permission to interview Chiefs offensive coordinator

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, Gesualdo said:

vince-lombardi.jpg

actually, lombardi looks closer to 7'2" in this pic... although he might be wearing his platforms. regardless, all of these interviews we're doing should start off with a formal measuring session if tep is as smart as they say he is

Who let you out of the TB?

2 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I'm on the side that I don't want a players coach anymore. I'm on the side that does not want mediocrity and merenating in it for 9 freaking years because the coach was "a nice guy". To hell with that. Get an asshole in here that will get poo done and win a SB. That's what side I'm on. Is that clear enough for you or do I need to digress a bit more?

I see your point (made better this time) and I agree---If you expand your list, Del Rio, Garrett, Todd Bowles, Mike Malarky, Jeff Fischer, Gary Kubiak, Herm Edwards, and Rivera--RR may have been the best of those with enough work behind them to judge.  Interesting point. Merely knowing what the player's range of emotions etc. was might make you soft or lack the proper perspective--while many have experienced flashes of success, there could be a valid point in there.  Interesting--I never gave it this much thought.

I'm not a fan of this. He doesnt call the plays and has only been a coordinator for 2 years. On the other hand Roman has turned out two dynamic offenses and coordinated one Super Bowl and may go to another. If we go coordinator, Roman then McDaniel. They both produced results and had more control of their area of the teams.

26 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I'm not a fan of this. He doesnt call the plays and has only been a coordinator for 2 years. On the other hand Roman has turned out two dynamic offenses and coordinated one Super Bowl and may go to another. If we go coordinator, Roman then McDaniel. They both produced results and had more control of their area of the teams.

Lol...so you want a HC/OC...a great play calling OC needs to  stay a great playcalling OC...

This is the least qualified guy anyone is considering, and I'm shocked people are excited about him

He's demonstrated nothing that would make him a good head coach;  doesn't call plays, doesn't design much of anything, has no experience other than being a RB position coach.  Not even really much of a leader who can inspire people.

Basically he's Andy Reid's friend, of course he's going to say his friend is qualified.

Huddlers are opposed to Harbaugh, who has one of the best track records of winning in NFL history, but in favor of a glorified RB position coach.

Thankfully, I doubt Tepper is actually considering this guy, and is just giving him a courtesy interview.

4 hours ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

lol .. if you have to ask .. you'll never know

How does a HC being 5'7 factor into anything LOL .. Carolina Cann is probably taller than this man - do we want players to respect our coach?

McCarthy will be our guy everything else is due diligence

Why do you think no President of the United States has ever been below 6' .. cause men don't respect short little fugs

Yeah, who ever heard of hardened warriors respecting a guy who's 5'7"... Like Chesty Puller.

1 hour ago, heel31ok said:

Lol...so you want a HC/OC...a great play calling OC needs to  stay a great playcalling OC...

No, I'm saying the other two coordinators I mentioned have much more experience and resume. They have much more accomplishments and would be better hires

Just now, bobcat91 said:

No, I'm saying the other two coordinators I mentioned have much more experience and resume. They have much more accomplishments and would be better hires

Which serves them well as OC's....doesnt mean a better prospect as a HC...

A HC doesnt need to have called plays but does need to have managed people...and managed them well...a HC not conflicted with wanting to call tbe plays can be a very good thing...

Archived