• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers coach Search Update (Dec 28 UPDATE)

ncfan

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Are we sure McCarthy is planning to bring those guys, versus just working with them on a coaches version of an off season training program?

I think it’s safe to assume nobody knows the answer to that yet. I haven’t exactly been thrilled with the coaching stylings of Jim Haslett. 

We only have a few more days until this thing really takes off.  Only members of 12 staffs will be off limits during the playoffs until eliminated, but besides that, the search will begin in earnest.  Our season as well as members of 25 other staffs will be over.  I'm interested to see some new HC candidate names pop up next week.  We've discussed Mike McCarthy ad nauseam already.

1 hour ago, ellis said:

The names I’ve seen working with McCarthy, along with McCarthy himself, doesn’t strike me as an instant plug-and-play winner. But it’s not my team, and it’s not my money.

"instant winner"....doesn't appear anywhere in my post.

38 minutes ago, ellis said:

I think it’s safe to assume nobody knows the answer to that yet.

I think it's reasonable to assume everyone who is showing up to work with McCarthy on a daily basis is expecting to go with him when he gets hired.

8 minutes ago, ellis said:

A mixed bag of previous big-name HCs like Ryan and Fisher, some tenured coordinators and a relative 'new' guy like Chud.   To me that shows that you can't say that any route is safer than another...retread HC, established coordinator or the faddish new guy.

On 12/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, TheRumGone said:

There’s actually quite a bit. Just off the top of my head. John Gruden, Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, George Seifert, Gary Kubiak, Dick Vermeil, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcels, Jimmy Johnson. A lot of those are BIG name coaches. HOF coaches.

Add in Don Shula, Dan Reeves and....John Fox!

52 minutes ago, ellis said:

I think it’s safe to assume nobody knows the answer to that yet. I haven’t exactly been thrilled with the coaching stylings of Jim Haslett. 

Ahh.  People were talking about "plug in coaching staff" so I wasn't sure if McCarthy had said anything in that interview that was floating around earlier. I am not too excited for this group of coaches.

Archived