• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers coach Search Update (Dec 28 UPDATE)

ncfan

45 minutes ago, Mage said:

It shouldn’t be.  It’s meaningless.  How many SB Winning Coaches move on to a 2nd team?  It’s not like there’s a lot of them 

The sample size is simply far too small to think of it as anything more than a meaningless fact.  

There’s actually quite a bit. Just off the top of my head. John Gruden, Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, George Seifert, Gary Kubiak, Dick Vermeil, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcels, Jimmy Johnson. A lot of those are BIG name coaches. HOF coaches.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:37 PM, SBiii said:

The entire-staff > plug & play > ready-to-roll concept has to be appealing to Tepper.

McCarthy's odds of being hired are better than anyone else.

Just how many guys do you think McCarthy has working with him on his coaching project?

On 12/24/2019 at 11:37 PM, SBiii said:

The entire-staff > plug & play > ready-to-roll concept has to be appealing to Tepper.

McCarthy's odds of being hired are better than anyone else.

The names I’ve seen working with McCarthy, along with McCarthy himself, doesn’t strike me as an instant plug-and-play winner. But it’s not my team, and it’s not my money.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:40 PM, Mage said:

It shouldn’t be.  It’s meaningless.  How many SB Winning Coaches move on to a 2nd team?  It’s not like there’s a lot of them 

The sample size is simply far too small to think of it as anything more than a meaningless fact.  

And 6 coaches have been to superbowls with two different teams...

I'm apprehensive as others are but there is a consideration to be made about just why we are so sketchy on the possibility of hiring a coach like McCarthy. We heard for years from Ron about how he's evolving yet each time it never really happened. If Rivera had stopped being so stubborn years ago and changed maybe he would still be here. Maybe we already would have had a SB trophy here in the Carolinas.

With whichever coach we ultimately end up hiring I'm more concerned about how he will be approaching filling out his staff. We don't need another buddy style coaching staff. We need coaches who are interested in establishing a winning culture. Not coaches just looking to ride another guys coattails for a check. If that's what Mike McCarthy is bringing then I'm not interested.

Archived