• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers coach Search Update (Dec 28 UPDATE)

ncfan

2 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I will disown the team if they hire him. Tepper cannot be dumb enough to do that. Rooney rule? Maybe?

Who knows. 

“As these things tend to go following an in-season firing, Carolina has not won a game under Fewell, and has looked rather bad in losing those three contests by a combined margin of 108-50.”

from the article. 

24 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

This guy could barely win with Aaron Rogers as his Qb. Imagine him coming here with Jack poo as a QB. No thanks 

I know people keep saying this but think about all the top qbs in the league. Brady is the only one with multiple. Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, etc. all have only won 1 with 1 coach.

i think the biggest stat to look at is what @Cracka McNasty said. No Super bowl winning coach has won another super bowl with another team. That’s a little more scary to me.

33 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I know people keep saying this but think about all the top qbs in the league. Brady is the only one with multiple. Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, etc. all have only won 1 with 1 coach.

i think the biggest stat to look at is what @Cracka McNasty said. No Super bowl winning coach has won another super bowl with another team. That’s a little more scary to me.

It shouldn’t be.  It’s meaningless.  How many SB Winning Coaches move on to a 2nd team?  It’s not like there’s a lot of them 

The sample size is simply far too small to think of it as anything more than a meaningless fact.  

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Checking off the Rooney Rule box. Unless Fewell miraculously beats the Saints this week, he showed nothing to inspire a broken team.  If anything, it looks like they've already packed it in for the year.

You know I just realized, Tepper needs to start treating this team like it’s someone else money he’s managing. They trust him with money, he delivers success. 

Archived