• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Snap Counts - Brian Burns is barely on the team

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm not even sure we have more than 1 defensive lineman signed that will thrive in that system, do we?

Poe is the perfect 0-Tech when healthy.

I think KK is a decent fit for 3-4 DE.

Love?  I don't think he's a 3-4 fit.  He's just a plain ol' solid 4-3 DT. (Edit:  Didn't realize Love was out of contract after this season, so his lack of fit doesn't matter anyway.)

Other than that?  No.  And this was the same answer prior to Rivera/Hurney flying with the 3-4 *this* season and we can see how that turned out.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Poe is the perfect 0-Tech when healthy.

I think KK is a decent fit for 3-4 DE.

Love?  I don't think he's a 3-4 fit.  He's just a plain ol' solid 4-3 DT.

Other than that?  No.  And this was the same answer prior to Rivera/Hurney flying with the 3-4 *this* season and we can see how that turned out.

Poe is the only natural 34 player in my eyes, and I'm with you, I think that KK could be OK in a 34, but it certainly isn't his best position.  Outside of that, we don't have anything going forward.

So after years and years of dumping tons of money and draft capitol into the defensive line, we still need to rebuild that unit, and rebuild the forgotten offensive line.

We are in a mess.

Semi-related note: Apparently Liz Frank is seeing someone else. 

Anderson is the same guy Newton consulted who didn't recommend surgery.

Obviously there are differences, but it could provide an interesting 'compare and contrast' when it comes to their respective recoveries.

I didn't watch the game at all, really. I caught a few plays in the second half live, but meh.

That said, I went back and watched the highlights. Donte Jackson is still playing like absolute garbage. It is time to sit his ass down or relegate him to Nickel and let Cockrell start/play 100% of the snaps opposite Bradberry.

You'd think a Secondary-centric Interim coach could see this.

Aside from that, just from the numbers, it looks like we were trying to stop the rush more this week than rush the passer. Horton got a lot more than you would think. That ate into Burns' time some as well as the vet loyalty with Irvin. Obada is also arguably better against the run than Burns.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've had a lot of favorite players over 25 years of Panthers football.

I couldn't name one that left on a high note.

That's kind of hard to accomplish when the franchise in question still hasn't won a Super Bowl yet. Typically hanging it up after winning a championship is the only definition within the league of leaving on a "high note".

32 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Yup.  We drafted a player high that can really only excel in a 3/4, which diminishes our best players attributes in Luke.  We are a dumbass team.

In 2012, we drafted a LB that can really only excel in a 4/3. See how dumb that logic is?

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I would imagine he is injured.

I mean it can't be because he is a liability vs the run. 

Those would be the only two valid reasons.  I wouldn't be surprised if after the season he has his hand worked on or something like that. 

Most of the defense is a liability vs the run

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Perhaps we're transitioning him into a new role :thinking:

A new role on a different team maybe. A first round pick should be an every down player somewhere on the field. So amazing they picked a situational pass rusher in the first.

Archived