• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Snap Counts - Brian Burns is barely on the team

Jeremy Igo

Unless he is injured, now is when you play your youth.  Give Grier a start or two.  Play Burns.  Play Miller. Take a look at Cole Luke at S--pull up Blanding from the PS (IR Williams or something) and let him play S.  Reggie Bon needs some touches at RB. 

Let's get a jump on the offseason by knowing what we have on the roster now.

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

You need to learn to read, and follow certain posters, and what they say.

I have never once said that I want to ship Cam off.  You think that's what I say, but it's not.

What I'm saying is that I THINK that Cam will either retire, or play for another franchise next season.  That's not a want, it's a logical look at where we are as a franchise.

We HAVE to rebuild, we don't have any other choice at this point, and I'm not sure that Cam wants to live through that, and I believe that keeping Cam makes the rebuild harder to accomplish.

Ok so let's go over what you said

20 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Been saying this for over a year now.

We as fans don't like to look at the team like that, we like to think that we are in a position to make a run.

We aren't, and weren't, and won't be for a while.  It's why many of us are predicting that Cam moves on, just no real reason to make him live through a complete teardown.

And trust me, that's what this team needs.

So you didn't say any of that over a year now and haven't been predicting it for over a year now and I need to learn to read lmao. Ok guy.. then you wanna throw in some I think* and Cam will retire to smooth it over.good robert deniro GIF

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would agree but at that rate why isn't he on IR? The limited snap counts doesn't make any sense at all.

He's either too injured to play much, which means he should be on IR, or he is healthy enough to play, which begs the question why isn't he?

I agree with you (rarity!).  Burns needs to be on the field or completely off it, depending on his health.

5 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I'm eagerly awaiting the end of the season when we can find out what is actually wrong with Burns.  There really can't be any other explanation for not playing a guy who was an early DROY candidate.

Well to be fair, there is also the option that our coaching staff is kind of stupid.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I agree with you (rarity!).  Burns needs to be on the field or completely off it, depending on his health.

I have two theories, he is injured with something that just isn't going to heal but they still want to give him some live action on a limited basis. The other is that he's fallen out of favor for guys like Irvin because Irvin is better against the run and a more disciplined player. 

In EITHER of those two scenarios, I disagree with the approach.

10 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Ok so let's go over what you said

So you didn't say any of that over a year now and haven't been predicting it for over a year now and I need to learn to read lmao. Ok guy.. then you wanna throw in some I think* and Cam will retire to smooth it over.good robert deniro GIF

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

I'm not a fan that really wants to see Cam have to play through a rebuild, I would prefer for him to be able to play for a contender before it's over for him.

However, as I have been saying for a very long time now.  My ideal situation is for Cam to play out his last year, stay healthy and us sign him long term.  I want that, but I don't believe it will happen.  Not sure how you are getting that confused.

Edit:  What I'm saying here, is that I would feel bad for Cam to have to live through this rebuild, but I selfishly want him to stay and play out his deal to see if he can get healthy.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Fewell is doing a good job.....of showing why he's been relegated to position coach for the last several years.

Between him and Washington the defense doesn't have a chance. Results the last couple weeks should not be surprising.

This is exactly why a head coach needs good coordinators. Rivera had success, was picked clean, he then should have found better guys. Not promote people who couldn't do the job. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I have two theories, he is injured with something that just isn't going to heal but they still want to give him some live action on a limited basis. The other is that he's fallen out of favor for guys like Irvin because Irvin is better against the run and a more disciplined player. 

In EITHER of those two scenarios, I disagree with the approach.

If you are playing Irvin and not developing your first round pick, you are more interested in winning meaningless games over developing a pro-bowler who will dominate the league over the next 10 years--

Irvin had the same problems in Seattle as a rookie-but Carrol played him anyway. 

If the run defense is the only issue, you still play him on passing situations.  I am pretty sure there were more than 7.

I remember him being on the field and looking to the sideline to see if he was going to get pulled.  That is not what your first rounder should be doing at the end of the season.

Archived