• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Seattle Seahawks at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

50 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I wouldn’t. Outside of the 1 thrashing by Philly, Cam was sacked 29 times in 13 games. That’s close to twice a game. We are on a pace to almost double that. Norwell and Turner started 9 games a piece, Kalil started 16 and Remmers started 5. On a whole that 2014 OL was way better at pass blocking than the mess this year. People remember the Philly game. The SF and Washington games were close to that level.

Cam's mobility limited the amount of sacks he took, its why i said his talent covered up a ton of deficiencies in a way that Allen is unable to. 

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

Cam's mobility limited the amount of sacks he took, its why i said his talent covered up a ton of deficiencies in a way that Allen is unable to. 

if we are comparing starting units (minus injuries) I agree.  but the OL has steadily declined this year, and injuries are part of tht, and the trash heap now on the field is worse than I've seen in years for the Panthers.  and you are right that it is hard to judge since cam can cover up so many deficiencies... but some of the "blocking" going on... not even Cam could improve.

10 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

right, none of which lead to points in the first half, where a certain other player was a big part of us giving up 3 passing tds.

allen deserves plenty of blame for this game but he is far from alone in that.

Who cares if they don't lead to points. They kill promising drives. Both first half interceptions were on their side of the field. Taking points off the board for us

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Luke is top 5 in the NFL in tackles. He had 17 today. 

Yes, but normally he's number tops in a completely healthy season.  He's been so frustrated this season with the way the defense is getting gashed.  If people son't see that, then they haven't been watching the games.   He wasn't as visibly demonstrative today as in past games, but he's frustrated none-the-less on a scale I've never seen before.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Who?

Any coach on the Panthers sideline. After our sack fumble recovery the officials found a way to get it back to Seattle in scoring position. Just like the GreenBay game it stalled our momentum and once again USED Gerald McCoy as the scapegoat. The universe has a funny way of showing cheating/bias doesn't it. We're not a stupid fan base. Enough of us can detect tampering by now.

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Who cares if they don't lead to points. They kill promising drives. Both first half interceptions were on their side of the field. Taking points off the board for us

two first half? hm, I only remembered the one near the end of the half.   but, from wht I remember, our D gave up 3 TDs before we had a turnover.

I'm not saying turnovers are OK.  they are NOT.  but they are NOT why our defense blows and gives up tons of points, in general.  they are a huge part of why our offense blows and allen shouldn't start another game.

Archived