• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teh best college talent evaluator in a generations!

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Because he could get picked up by another team and show improvement which would suggest that we misused him. If he doesn't get picked up next year which would be his third season then it confirms he was a bust and we were right for cutting him. It isn't hard to figure out.

55 throws a pretty strong curve back..

Evan mathis is a perfect example of this..

Let's see Scot's and Fuzz response..duh duh duh.  

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Again there have been players cut by one team who got picked up elsewhere and showed improvement which could be an indictment of the system not the player. Not only do I pay attention but are aware of various scenarios in the league instead of simple huddle logic.

If you cut a player within 2 years of drafting him, it's a bad pick no matter what the circumstances are.

50 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Wow personal attacks about a topic you don't have a clue about.. @rayzor Do your job like you seem to want to do to me all the time..

I popped him, but just so you know, we've got a report post button. That's usually the thing that someone pushes to let me know you're going off the rails.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney didn't become GM till 2002. Steve Smith was drafted in 2001.

And I've said before that measuring by how many games players started for the teams that drafted them is a weak standard.

Do you think Jack Bushovsky was drafting?  My understanding was that Hurney was basically the GM for the purposes of the draft as his title of was Director of Player Operations.

And I wasn't saying those players started 50 games for the Panthers, many of them DID NOT.  Many of them started games for other teams.  Starting games is the ONLY standard that can objectively be used in any event.  It's the measuring stick from which the 12% number is developed.  Evan Mathis, Brandon LaFell, Will Witherspoon, Dan Connor . . . lots of those third rounders had solid careers in the league, not just here.

16 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

If you cut a player within 2 years of drafting him, it's a bad pick no matter what the circumstances are.

Again the point was made.. Is it a bad pick because the player is bad or is it a bad pick because your coach doesn't have a clue how to use that player??.. Nothing is just black or white.. There are other alternative colors and scenario.. That's why you will be perpetually discredited because you and scot refuse to use context in your arguments... 

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Hurney didn't draft Steve and all of those dudes you mentioned were drafted so long ago that they all retired. 

The only guys drafted in the past decade worth a damn and still playing are Cam, Luke, Nortman, and Norman, and Norman isn't even good anymore. 

DJ Moore is good, and Burns seems pretty solid too, but other than them, it's not looking great. 

We were specifically discussing third rounders.  The only one of that list you can even question is Steve Smith.  The question there is whether Hurney or Bushovsky pulled the trigger.  They were basically working together at that point, and my understanding of the situation was that Hurney was running the draft, but sure, I could be wrong on Smith.

However the others aren't questionable.  They were Hurney picks.  They were third rounders.  They had solid careers.  Even in the last 10 years in the third rounder, we've hit some.  Keeping in mind that Gettleman ran 5 of the drafts in the last 10 years, you can look at players Hurney selected and go, yea, he had a solid career.  Brandon LaFell and Terrell McClain both had solid if unspectacular careers in the league.

Do you really think that an analytics buff like Tepper hasn't run all the numbers?  Looked at all this?  Come on.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Wow personal attacks about a topic you don't have a clue about.. @rayzor Do your job like you seem to want to do to me all the time..

omfg, are you serious?   can i report somebody for being a wuss?  does that get you a penalty?   does having a whiny baby help the board?   and rayzor, you seriously suspended that dude?   c'mon man

6 hours ago, raz said:

omfg, are you serious?   can i report somebody for being a wuss?  does that get you a penalty?   does having a whiny baby help the board?   and rayzor, you seriously suspended that dude?   c'mon man

No I didn't suspend him. I gave him a warning. If I suspend him, though.....and I might still....it's because he's an alt for someone who has been banned a lot before that I keep giving a chance to but keep him on a very short leash when I do. 

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Which is nobody in the league.. Not defending Marty but what YOU want doesn't exist.. All GM have hits and misses..

You might want to re-read that. I also included misses, just the abilty to move on from a miss.

13 minutes ago, raz said:

Yes .. I'm serious I get hit all the time .. I just want a fair and balanced board.. If I can't call you a pussy than you shouldn't be able to attack me or anybody else.

18 minutes ago, BrianS said:

We were specifically discussing third rounders.  The only one of that list you can even question is Steve Smith.  The question there is whether Hurney or Bushovsky pulled the trigger.  They were basically working together at that point, and my understanding of the situation was that Hurney was running the draft, but sure, I could be wrong on Smith.

However the others aren't questionable.  They were Hurney picks.  They were third rounders.  They had solid careers.  Even in the last 10 years in the third rounder, we've hit some.  Keeping in mind that Gettleman ran 5 of the drafts in the last 10 years, you can look at players Hurney selected and go, yea, he had a solid career.  Brandon LaFell and Terrell McClain both had solid if unspectacular careers in the league.

Do you really think that an analytics buff like Tepper hasn't run all the numbers?  Looked at all this?  Come on.

Exactly.. context

Archived