• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teh best college talent evaluator in a generations!

Jeremy Igo

On 12/13/2019 at 7:47 AM, Waldo said:

So what is the theroy on how he can hit homeruns in the 1st and whiff so regularly the rest of the draft?

Doesn't matter. His contract negotiating skills make up for it...

it doesn't take much of a theory. in the first round he gets to choose from 1 of the top 20 players in the country. you're gonna hit more often than not when you don't take risks. Kuechly, Cam, Johnathan Stewart, et al were not exactly risks and didn't take much evaluation besides "yeah they're good let's draft them"

26 minutes ago, rodeo said:

it doesn't take much of a theory. in the first round he gets to choose from 1 of the top 20 players in the country. you're gonna hit more often than not when you don't take risks. Kuechly, Cam, Johnathan Stewart, et al were not exactly risks and didn't take much evaluation besides "yeah they're good let's draft them"

I'm not blindly defending Hurney. Its time for him to go soon no matter what IMO.

But plenty of teams whiff on firsts so it's not always easy. Nobody knew Luke would be hat good. The premise of this click bait thread is flawed in that even the great drafting Ravens chose Hurst over Jackson and Andrews.  They would love to  redraft with hindsight and select differently as well.

Six losing seasons in a row.  He has only produced a winning team 21% of the time.  I truly believe no other professional team would stick with someone so long that has been a consistent loser.  The GM is responsible for building the team.  People continue to make excuses for him, but the facts are the facts.  Marty Hurney is horrible at building a professional football team.  Anyone with basic football knowledge could average one or two good draft picks a year.

25 minutes ago, KillerBill said:

Six losing seasons in a row.  He has only produced a winning team 21% of the time.  I truly believe no other professional team would stick with someone so long that has been a consistent loser.  The GM is responsible for building the team.  People continue to make excuses for him, but the facts are the facts.  Marty Hurney is horrible at building a professional football team.  Anyone with basic football knowledge could average one or two good draft picks a year.

The only good news is Tepper seems to be limiting his role. I really would like to see him Raid the Steelers front office with McDaniels as coach. 

Archived