• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What you have heard, and what you haven't heard .

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I have to say I can respect this even if I am capable of being more optimistic and still care. Sometimes something just takes all the wind out of your sails and you can't give a poop anymore. For you it's Cam if he leaves the Panthers, for me it was the idea of moving in with the ex who had four dogs and six cats. Once I realized "I don't wanna be the zookeeper, I'm never going to want to be the zookeeper." we were just done.  Once you cross that Rubicon, you ain't crossing back.

Exactly.  I still have all the habits, wearing my gear, wincing at fans of other teams like they have leprosy, Sunday game day rituals, etc etc... but then the game comes on and....(*fart sound*) nothing.  I catch myself laughing and cheering sarcastically when something goes wrong on the field.

Is that how a diehard fan watches his team?  It’s not how I used to do it.

2 minutes ago, ellis said:

I’m focused on shoulder and foot right now. Shoulder happened chasing down a pick, but it did not happen with him running for a 7 yard gain. That’s my point. His role as a runner has not caused him any sort of significant structural damage. The concussions? Well, the ones in Denver were downright criminal and nothing was done about it from the league standpoint. There was one in Atlanta in 2016.

The truck wreck, look, I’ve pointed that out on numerous occasions on Twitter and in articles. That was a serious incident, and he came right back in led the team to a division title. You can say he didn’t need to scramble in the pocket against New England, but he was still in the pocket. I made it a point to say that he can’t try to be superman in every preseason game. 

The narrative I’m fighting against is from those who suggest running downfield to gain yardage is causing him substantial damage. With the amount of runs he’s accounted for, it simply doesn’t add up. He is still a dominant force in the running game, and it only takes about seven runs a game for Cam to make a major impact.

That’s less than two runs per quarter. And on average, 40% of those runs convert a first down for the offense. Not to mention, the strain that thread puts on the defense laterally and the direct threat it presents to an opposing defense down near the goal line.

I understand he’s had a long list of injuries, and I’m not trying to marginalize any of them. I’m speaking specifically about the shoulder in the foot. Any past concussions or back injuries, unless he’s hiding symptoms of that too, have no bearing on anything right now. Psychologically, maybe. But I don’t think cam is quite that soft. He runs hard, and he runs with violence, and he’s not built like an average quarterback. He’s built for contact. He has elite quarterbacking skills, with the added benefit of being the size of most tight ends. 

We will likely have to agree to disagree on this one.

You are saying that he's not getting substantial injures running the football.  Sure, OK, that is true, outside of the concussion in ATL. 

HOWEVER the worry is the cumulative affect of ALL of the injuries he has sustained, not allowing him to get back, or to stay at full health.  Period.

The more hits you take, the harder it is for your body to recover, add in he is getting long in the tooth, and the body recovers even more slowly.  In addition to that, he's had multiple surgeries, and it's just another layer.

My point, is no, Cam doesn't seem to get hurt on his runs, but that doesn't matter, he IS getting hurt.

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

What are you talking about.

Screenshot_20191212-104407_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191212-104348_Chrome.jpg

If you want to believe that ESPN talking heads have access to teams draft boards, then there is nothing I can tell you.

I have already said I thought he was the best QB in this draft, but a poster here, with access to an NFL scout, says his buddy thinks that Burrow is 3rd on a lot of teams boards.  I have no clue if that's accurate or not, but I have no reason to doubt him either.

Was Baker at the top of Mels board this time two seasons ago?  Was Kyler?

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

If you want to believe that ESPN talking heads have access to teams draft boards, then there is nothing I can tell you.

I have already said I thought he was the best QB in this draft, but a poster here, with access to an NFL scout, says his buddy thinks that Burrow is 3rd on a lot of teams boards.  I have no clue if that's accurate or not, but I have no reason to doubt him either.

Was Baker at the top of Mels board this time two seasons ago?  Was Kyler?

Kyler was the consensus number one qb. Baker Darnell and Rosen  were all graded so close there was no consensus number 1. Who is this buddy that had scout access? Does he have access to every team in the leagues board? I dont even think teams have a board yet. So right now it's just the people who scout for a living publicly saying burrow is the number 1 pick. 

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Kyler was the consensus number one qb. Baker Darnell and Rosen  were all graded so close there was no consensus number 1. Who is this buddy that had scout access? Does he have access to every team in the leagues board? I dont even think teams have a board yet. So right now it's just the people who scout for a living publicly saying burrow is the number 1 pick. 

Show me Mels board with Kyler at the top in early Dec.  That would be interesting.

I posted the link in this thread, it's @Verge and I have no reason to doubt him.  If you think that teams haven't starting making their boards yet..............

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Show me Mels board with Kyler at the top in early Dec.  That would be interesting.

I posted the link in this thread, it's @Verge and I have no reason to doubt him.  If you think that teams haven't starting making their boards yet..............

Murray likely wasn't on Mel's board in December, because he was under contract with the Oakland A's. It wasn't until January that he committed to the NFL draft.

9 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Murray likely wasn't on Mel's board in December, because he was under contract with the Oakland A's. It wasn't until January that he committed to the NFL draft.

That's my point, whomever is on that board now will move a LOT over the next 3 months....but it doesn't move nearly as much on the teams boards.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

I 100% agree with this.  And possibly deep down, Cam does to.

But that's why they hire agents.

This was not my friends list, it was mine. He does not have Joe Burrow #1 however, that honor goes to Justin Herbert. My personal list would also reflect this, with Joe Burrow being the #2 QB. 

35 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

The same guy who called Daniel Jones as a high 1st rounder when every draft board had him 2nd round at best. And has been correct on many others throughout the years. 

I mean, he didn’t buy a draft magazine like you, but he has proven himself for awhile now. Or he’s one helluva guesser. 

3 hours ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Why?  I don’t know?  Cam changed the game for me I guess.  I’ve seen a lot of things in this game, but never the misuse and tossing aside of such an amazing guy.  I’m trying to be honest, so it’s not some sappy bs.  If Cam is just gone I really don’t think I can look at this team the same again.  I don’t like it but I just fell gutted.

6Never seen such a transformer that was still top 5 An with so much ceiling for growth wasted behind mediocrity in all phases of a team. Only thing Cam had was a TE and RB everything else was a flop around him

36 minutes ago, Verge said:

This was not my friends list, it was mine. He does not have Joe Burrow #1 however, that honor goes to Justin Herbert. My personal list would also reflect this, with Joe Burrow being the #2 QB. 

Gotcha, didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

I've been on the Burrow train for a while, but I'm not as concerned about upside nearly as much as their floor.  Just seem that no matter what Burrow would be a good starter in the league from what I'm seeing....then again, we really know very little.

I have called him a stronger armed Alex Smith, that could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

3 hours ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Why?  I don’t know?  Cam changed the game for me I guess.  I’ve seen a lot of things in this game, but never the misuse and tossing aside of such an amazing guy.  I’m trying to be honest, so it’s not some sappy bs.  If Cam is just gone I really don’t think I can look at this team the same again.  I don’t like it but I just fell gutted.

I can't even begin to understand your irrational view point. 

Perhaps the fact I've been a football fan for over 40 years gives me perspective that you simply don't have. 

Cam is an amazing talent.  

I'm not sure how one can say he has been misused. He has been instrumental to the best goal line offense in the NFL. He has help lead a very consistent rushing attack.  He has been a part of many talented teams. 

Yet you say he was misused. 

Cam has been healthy in a very long time. And you say he's being tossed aside. I don't even think you understand your own words. 

Archived