• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What you have heard, and what you haven't heard .

Jeremy Igo

"Cam is our guy. We are committed to him and will build around him."

Or perhaps...

"Cam is the starting QB of the Carolina Panthers, period."

These were the sentiments of the past 8 off seasons. There has never been a single hint of waivering on Cam, until now.

The latest statement of "Yes we prefer a healthy Cam Newton to start but remains open to trade offers" falls well short of the statements above. It is the first time in Cam's career that it has ever been said. Cam hasn't been fully healthy at the start of the season in quite a while, yet he has always been the unquestioned starter, point blank. 

Like it or not, what we are hearing now is a deviation from what has been the norm in the franchise's stance on Cam, historically. These nuances in language are significant. A "healthy" qualifier. Open to trade? That's new. 

Will Cam be a Panther in 2020? Possibly

Will he be traded? Possibly

Could he fail a physical? Possibly

Could he hold out? Possibly

This is the entire point. Cam's circumstances in Carolina are a complete unknown for the first time in his entire career. There are so many variables at play that absolutely nothing would surprise me. To pretend otherwise is just wishful thinking.

This thread will be full of irrational and emotional hatred to anyone that says cam may not be here next year.

4 minutes ago, mjligon said:

In b4 @WoahW

Nah I had my run last night, it’s obvious at this point he’s trying to drum up clicks. Remember it’s the same guy who guaranteed Fournette and said it was inside info. 

Plus he’s at least acknowledging he has zero idea what will happen like everyone should but thanks for thinking of me! 

20 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I think, for me at least, I'm not completely shooting down the idea of Cam getting traded in order to protect myself from the shock and disappointment of it all?

Kind of like how I approach every season of the Panthers: If I have low expectations, I can't get upset only be pleasantly surprised. 

Completely reasonable stance at this point. 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Why is that? We have the best WR/RB duo this league has seen in many seasons. Isn't that a little exciting?

Why?  I don’t know?  Cam changed the game for me I guess.  I’ve seen a lot of things in this game, but never the misuse and tossing aside of such an amazing guy.  I’m trying to be honest, so it’s not some sappy bs.  If Cam is just gone I really don’t think I can look at this team the same again.  I don’t like it but I just fell gutted.

Archived