• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Seahawks .... What do you know>?

Jeremy Igo

11 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Somehow...I think a former starting QB could do a wee bit better than Kyle Allen, call me crazy. Bridgewater could have been had too previously but you know, we like who we have here. Even Tyrod Taylor would have done better    Hey but Ron and Marty liked what they had, and here we are

This is perhaps the biggest argument against the thought that Hurney 2.0 has done enough to be the GM going forward.  After Cam's injury last year, everybody on the planet knew his returning to 100% or staying there was a risk, and everybody on the planet knew what our backup situation was.  The solution was to draft Grier in the third round, and almost everybody on the planet had him pegged as somebody needing development, not somebody who would be ready to step in as a starter if Cam could not complete the season.  None of the available vets were glamorous, but almost all were ex-starters who were used to carrying that burden for a long stretch.

We knew the need, there were people available, but we did next to nothing.  Granted, whoever we brought in would have ultimately been a replaceable piece, but that is the nature of a backup QB.  Maybe they would not have been able to lead the team to more wins than Allen did, but at this point all we know is what we did was not enough.

And before anybody says "but, but, but even New England failed to make the playoffs the year Brady went down," that is true.  But they posted an 11-5 record in pretty much all of 16 games trying with a guy who was either not quite good enough to be an NFL starter or barely good enough.  We will be very fortunate to post 6.

As for this week, I do not have high hopes.  In fact, I am closer to having no hope than high hopes.  My best defense is that we get Philly vs. Washington this week, which will be an eye sore, too.  It may be competitive, but in the same way that watching the short of the Three Stooges trying to play golf was competitive.

Archived