• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A look into the Panthers future - Spoiler alert

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Lucian said:

And to answer your question. I have lurked here since at least 2004. You guys need to do somethi g with the liberal trolls. This place is turning into an echo chamber because they gang up on everyone that doesnt agree with them. You are letting trolls run off people who have knowledge and so.ethi g to bri g to the table.

man I argue with almost every one of the posters I suspect you think are trolls and they only rarely poo my posts.  Difference is in how you approach it.  Calling them "pantifa" is a good way to get poo'd lol.

you are calling the forum an echo chamber while responding to a threat that is eliciting tons of negative responses... come on.

20 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

“Charlotte and Panthers will forever be in my heart!! I will work my tail off to be stronger, faster, smarter and accurater for you guys!! Until then, I will continue to support the hell out of the Panthers and for Kyle Allen and Will Grier!!”

He is clearly talking about returning to football.  It is also not a stretch to suggest he is talking about coming back to the Panthers there, although I suppose you can read it differently if you want.  I don't take that as him saying goodbye etc.

I don't think so either.  I had not seen this, when did he say it?

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

he's not a tinderbox poster and has nothing to do with the tinderbox except whining about liberals in the main forum, which is bringing politics to the main forum so he'll probably keep getting warnings until he's banned.

You know that yhe discussion about cams future is political for these trolls though. Everone who thi ks we shouls part ways is labeled a 'racist' or has an 'agenda'... How is that not bringing politics to the main  forum? 

I mean, it isnt possi le that people want to move o  because the dude cant stay healthy is it?

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

All your posts are crap. I'm just giving them the proper seal of approval. This is the only response you'll get from me

How is this not trolling? I get a warning for my above post, but this clown is free to call people names and troll anyone he wants. This place is so biased. Like i said, he follos me around and trolls every post i make but nothing is done.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Oh absolutely it's possible, and not unheard of. But any heir apparent is going to need some Cam Newton traits in his game with the holes in this roster and the state of our OL. Whoever it is will have to be able to make something out of nothing like Newton has done often here, let's just be real. How many rookies that will be available where we are picking actually fit that bill? How many FA's that won't break the bank? So far we seem to have virtually no confidence of any kind in the quarterback we drafted last year, and Allen is proving more and more why he's a backup. It's looking more and more like 2021 or 2022 will be when we make a move for the future quarterback. Unless you guys want us to trade the farm to move up in the 2020 draft. Whatever happens, these penny pinching types in anguish at the thought of 19 million in cap space for Newton better get used to that, whoever the next QB is will be getting paid accordingly with the league average when their time comes like any other quarterback, and it will not come cheap by any means. Otherwise accept being the Browns for the next decade or more.

Honestly I’m starting to think it’s best for Cam’s long-term career if he goes to another team. He can have somewhat of a say in it if we cut him. Our oline is awful, our defense is Swiss cheese and signs are pointing to some sort of a rebuild. 

Cam needs organization stability right now to get his career back in the right direction. fuging sucks we couldn’t do it with him but that’s where I’m at right now.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Burrow slipping to #5 would be one of the craziest things I've ever seen happen in the draft. He'd have to straight up tell teams to go fug themselves in interviews to slip to #5.

Teams are too QB needy for him to slip too far, unless he really doesn't look good in the workouts. Remember that we are still pretty early in the evaluations, so once the Senior Bowl, pro days and combine get here a lot of these will be a lot more refined. It's not impossible he ends up sliding, and there is certainly precedent. He's also a guy that a lot of evaluators don't necessarily have a first round grade on. Even if that is the case, QB's with lower round grades routinely get drafted in the first round.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Honestly I’m starting to think it’s best for Cam’s long-term career if he goes to another team. He can have somewhat of a say in it if we cut him. Our oline is awful, our defense is Swiss cheese and signs are pointing to some sort of a rebuild. 

Cam needs organization stability right now to get his career back in the right direction. fuging sucks we couldn’t do it with him but that’s where I’m at right now.

It sucks that we didn't take advantage of cams prime while we had it. But one of the main reasons for that is gone and im hoping the other one is gone before the season starts

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

It sucks that we didn't take advantage of cams prime while we had it. But one of the main reasons for that is gone and im hoping the other one is gone before the season starts

It does. And Luke is next man. Next year will be the start of contract talks and I really don’t think we’re gonna sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal. He’ll be 30 when his contract ends. 

we fuging blew it.

5 minutes ago, Lucian said:

How is this not trolling? I get a warning for my above post, but this clown is free to call people names and troll anyone he wants. This place is so biased. Like i said, he follos me around and trolls every post i make but nothing is done.

Im sure you got warned for your colorful use of a word that should only be used when talking about cats

5 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I'm not sure how I ever got pegged as a political troll haha. I've never talked about politics on this forum. I just don't like all the people that keep signing up to poo on cam. It clogs the forum and gets old 

I just ignore them. They are as obvious as the constant Kyle Allen haters. Basically, any single issue poster that keeps interjecting their single issue in a ham handed fashion into every single discussion, I ignore. Doesn't matter if it is a constant Hurney hater, constant Gettleman hater, constant Tepper hater, constant JR hater.....injecting nonsense repeatedly into thread after thread is classic troll behavior.

The new mods have done a good job of cleaning up the general trolling but you will always have idiots like this guy or GJBC that need to keep being stamped out because they don't care at all about discussing anything, just spreading mayhem. 

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It does. And Luke is next man. Next year will be the start of contract talks and I really don’t think we’re gonna sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal. He’ll be 30 when his contract ends. 

we fuging blew it.

How is that any different than wasting Steve Smith or Julius Peppers? We are pretty good at wasting HOF talents. It's a Carolina Panthers special.

Archived