• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A look into the Panthers future - Spoiler alert

Jeremy Igo

29 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I’m wondering why some people can’t accept that Cam won’t be a Panther next season ? Tepper wants a rebuild and Cam will want no part of it.  

And we’re all wondering why you are obsessed with this take and flaming a message board with it, even though you claim you don’t even watch football.

go away forever

57 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hello there and thank you for visiting the Huddle.

Last night I performed a ritual that allowed me a glance into the Carolina Panthers short term future. The ritual was performed by drinking spoiled goats milk out of a commemorative Super Bowl 50 beer stein while simultaneously forcing myself to re-watch every moment of the Panthers at 49ers game. This put my body into such a state of disappointment and disgust that I was transported into early 2020.

The following is an account of what I witnessed.

New Coach

The Carolina Panthers hired Kevin Stefanski as their new head coach soon after the Minnesota Vikings were eliminated from the playoffs. Stefanski fit perfectly the mold that Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper was seeking in a new head coach. An offensive mind that is open to new practices in analytics but still seasoned enough to have the old school football mentality. Stefanksi was extremely excited to have an offense with legitimate play makers at skill positions to work with as head coach. The biggest question would be quarterback.

Cam Newton

The Carolina Panthers and Cam Newton were at an impasse. Newton was unwilling to play a season with only one year left on his contract. The Panthers were unwilling to extend Newton over concerns about his foot but also his shoulder. The franchise was not willing to gamble a third consecutive season on Cam's health and lose again. No blame could be placed on either party as they both wanted what was best for themselves. The Panthers sign-and-traded Newton in return for a 2nd round selection in the 2020 draft and a third round selection in the 2021 draft. Newton got a multi year contract and the Panthers got at least something in return.

The NFL Draft

In an amazing turn of events, LSU Quarterback Joe Burrow drops to to #5 as the Dolphins opt for Tua. The Panthers use picks to trade up from 7 and grab Burrow. Burrow becomes the day one starter with Will Grier as his backup. The rebuild is fully on and jump started by grabbing the next franchise QB of the Carolina Panthers.

The rest of the draft focused heavily on the offensive and defensive lines with of course Hurney reaching in the third round for an unathletic safety.

Do not flame me for the things I write for they were not of my own cognition. They were a vision implanted by the football gods themselves. Now, go ye and be merry, for although the darkest days are ahead, a new hope will soon arise.

Love,

JI

Well at least you stick to your bread and butter by pulling poo out of thin air. You are on par with the all the new Alts around here. 

The one thing that no one ever answers is how can Cam sit out? If he does it’s been 3 years since a team has seen him healthy it makes zero sense but everyone ignores that and acts like he has leverage. Mind boggling. 

Oh and Burrow is going #1 to the Bengals no question 

At the end of the day there are a number of fans in the Carolinas who just want a presentable and relatable white guy back behind center. It's why Kyle Allen was all but confirmed to be Tom Brady 2.0 after a handful of starts until guys couldn't lie to themselves anymore. Even still there are some who are perfectly fine losing as long as the quarterback isn't wearing clothing deemed unacceptable in the postgame presser.

Bengals could go for Ohio State DE Chase Young with the idea of trading back in to the first for a Hurts/Eason or opting for a veteran QB as the free agent field looks quite large this year. If that's the case, the Panthers should start figuring out how to jump to number 2. That's the only way I see Burrow in Carolina.

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

At the end of the day there are a number of fans in the Carolinas who just want a presentable and relatable white guy back behind center. It's why Kyle Allen was all but confirmed to be Tom Brady 2.0 after a handful of starts until guys couldn't lie to themselves anymore. Even still there are some who are perfectly fine losing as long as the quarterback isn't wearing clothing deemed unacceptable in the postgame presser.

Half the fans on this board are begging for Tua or Hurts... both black QBs.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Could easily happen. Many mocks have him as low at 10. 

If Burrow wins the National Championship, there’s no way in hell that he’s not going #1. Unless you can find a Laremy Tunsil type of video on the kid. You do not pass an elite QB prospect for anything else. I’m not taking Chase Young, Andrew Thomas or Jeff Okudah over Burrow. Bengals can’t be that stupid. If we want Burrow, we will have to trade up to #1. 

Archived