• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A look into the Panthers future - Spoiler alert

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You have forgotten how inept that franchise is. They will pass on Burrow.

We won’t get Burrow this year and frankly I’d be terrified to draft any of the other QBs in the first. They all have glaring problems. If Tua hadn’t shattered the posterior wall of his pelvis then we’d have a chance at a QB. Unfortunately....

The good news is that if we don’t get a solid veteran we could be in position to get Lawrence, Fields, or Mond next year...all three of which may be better than the current crop. 

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

How do you mean following the path of Peyton?

jameis can be infuriating. You just never know what you’re gonna get. Absolute elite play or a complete dumpster fire.

If you compare Jameis’ stats to a young Peyton, they’re nearly identical. Both a lot of TDs and both a lot of turnovers. The elite play is what I focus on. He shows it, and has shown it his entire career. He has some duds in there, but he has shown that if he gets it together, he can be elite. He’s a franchise QB

the only Bucs games i've ever watched are when they play the Panthers, and Jameis rarely does very well against the Panthers, so i always get confused when people say he flashes greatness. if he's really got unmet potential i'd definitely be down for giving him a shot, if we get an offensive genius coach.

4 minutes ago, bull123 said:

You can’t be serious

I’m quite serious. Go look at their stats, and look at how young Jameis is. 

To me, he has shown he’s not worth giving up on yet, especially in a league where’s there are so many terrible QBs. It’s hard to find a franchise QB. If you’ve got one that atleast shows flashes of elite play, and has done it on multiple occasions, then you don’t give up on that. He’s a young guy too.

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If you compare Jameis’ stats to a young Peyton, they’re nearly identical. Both a lot of TDs and both a lot of turnovers. The elite play is what I focus on. He shows it, and has shown it his entire career. He has some duds in there, but he has shown that if he gets it together, he can be elite. He’s a franchise QB

Peyton also played his first 6 seasons under the old passing rules. He set the TD record the year they changed.. Jameis has also put up a large amount of garbage time stats. 

43 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If Jameis is going to be ousted from Tampa, and we’re moving on from Cam, then I’d consider Jameis. Dude flashes greatness, and literally is following the path of Peyton Manning. Plus he’s young. 

Just something to consider.

lol

43 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If Jameis is going to be ousted from Tampa, and we’re moving on from Cam, then I’d consider Jameis. Dude flashes greatness, and literally is following the path of Peyton Manning. Plus he’s young. 

Just something to consider.

I agree. Jameis has always flashed elite play potential. I'm a Florida state fan so he will always be gold in my book. But taking a look at him from high school people have always noticed his elite ability if he wanted it bad enough. I love this clip

20 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Peyton also played his first 6 seasons under the old passing rules. He set the TD record the year they changed.. Jameis has also put up a large amount of garbage time stats. 

Fair to bring that up.

Is there away to bring up both Jameis and Peyton’s garbage time stats?

14 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I agree. Jameis has always flashed elite play potential. I'm a Florida state fan so he will always be gold in my book. But taking a look at him from high school people have always noticed his elite ability if he wanted it bad enough. I love this clip

I want Cam. 

But, if the team is looking to move on, then I’m just throwing out potential replacements. He’s shown flashes, and has been showing it since his rookie year; more than we can say of Kyle Allen. He’s in year 5, going on 6; he could be about to turn the corner.

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Fair to bring that up.

Is there away to bring up both Jameis and Peyton’s garbage time stats?

Don’t know but Peyton was rarely behind much except 2002 and rookie year. The team was built to get a lead. Jamie’s has been outing his team in a he then torching soft zones when down 3-4 scores. They are just not comparable. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Don’t know but Peyton was rarely behind much except 2002 and rookie year. The team was built to get a lead. Jamie’s has been outing his team in a he then torching soft zones when down 3-4 scores. They are just not comparable. 

Ehh.

They both turned the ball over at an extremely high rate, and have around the same completion %’s. Only thing really different is team wins/losses, but both teams were built differently. 

Its just a suggestion.

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Ehh.

They both turned the ball over at an extremely high rate, and have around the same completion %’s. Only thing really different is team wins/losses, but both teams were built differently. 

Its just a suggestion.

His stats are better than Terry Bradshaw. too.  Not a good suggestion. Peyton never got benched for Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

19 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I want Cam. 

But, if the team is looking to move on, then I’m just throwing out potential replacements. He’s shown flashes, and has been showing it since his rookie year; more than we can say of Kyle Allen. He’s in year 5, going on 6; he could be about to turn the corner.

And I am also with you on that. In no way am I saying Jameis over Cam. I'm also pointed out if we are looking at life after cam for some reason hes a great starting place.

Archived