• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike McCarthy sounds like he is auditioning for a Tepper interview

Jeremy Igo

Mike McCarthy in a recent interview...

"No matter where he ends up, McCarthy doesn't envision a total teardown. ("I'm not a believer in [that]," he said. "I think every one of these opportunities that will be available, there's resources in there that you have to make sure you're aware of and try to utilize.") He wants to better use technology and analytics. ("We were definitely on the average side at best in my time in Green Bay there. I've looked at every team in the league and their commitment to analytics, and football technology and video. Because everybody has analytics, but it has to be part of your everyday operation to show up on Sundays.") At the forefront of the program will be player wellness, including dedicated resources for mental health. ("You have to develop the locker room from every possible angle. It can't be a subcontractor. It needs to be part of your everyday operation.")"

Tepper probably raising his eyebrows while reading this.

McCarthy's "project" is interesting. He's got three other coaches (former DC Jim Haslett, former QB Coach Frank Cignetti Jr and former defensive quality control guy Scott McGurley) that he has regular meetings with just as if they were a coaching staff.

Tom Pelissero wrote about it of NFL.com (link) and he has a video interview with McCarthy in his Twitter,

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

McCarthy's "project" is interesting. He's got three other coaches (former DC Jim Haslett, former QB Coach Frank Cignetti Jr and former defensive quality control guy Scott McGurley) that he has regular meetings with just as if they were a coaching staff.

Tom Pelissero wrote about it of NFL.com (link) and he has a video interview with McCarthy in his Twitter,

Well he picked enough Pittsburgh guys to at least make Tepper think about it. Heck I played for Frank Sr. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

What do your know about any of these guys and their offensive innovation? McCarthy has never struck me as all that innovative. I've had enough slow-mo football where it almost seems like the coach is afraid to press the gas and leave tread marks on the opposition. All that playing down to the competition and essentially rubber banding yourself to them until you pull away at the last moment is for the birds. 

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Mccarthy is a lateral move at best 

You're probably right. Pretty much anything you can say about Rivera wasting Cam’s prime here, you can say about McCarthy wasting Rogers except they actually won one SB, but I’d chalk that up to the refs actually protecting Rogers instead of letting him be headhunted.

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

You're probably right. Pretty much anything you can say about Rivera wasting Cam’s prime here, you can say about McCarthy wasting Rogers except they actually won one SB, but I’d chalk that up to the refs actually protecting Rogers instead of letting him be headhunted.

Yeah, we don't need a retread like that. Need some new blood 

Archived