• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, PantherWake said:

So if Kyle Allen ends the season losing 8 straight, we givin him that same energy y’all give Cam even tho he’s healthy?

Not sure there's a QB in the league that wouldn't lose eight straight behind that line and with that defense to lean on. Whew, that was ugly. Except for the two minute drill they started running at the end.

If we'd just run the two minute drill for the whole game...

6 minutes ago, PantherWake said:

So if Kyle Allen ends the season losing 8 straight, we givin him that same energy y’all give Cam even tho he’s healthy?

you really think he'll finish the season healthy behind that line?  hah hah.

luckily most of us just see Allen as a backup that will probably be on the roster next year because he is dirt fuging cheap and showed he can win some games with a good supporting cast.  he definitely can't carry this team and is not a QB you build around, but I think even good QBs would be hard pressed to win with the garbage heap we stick the QB behind... not to mention a defense that makes random RBs look like CMC...

12 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I’m still asking myself why it happened. Did Shaq complain and demand a contract? We’re teams calling him with offers when he’s done here? Was this a straight up classic Hurney move? Or was it Tepper with some sort of analytic crap? Why just why.

I seriously doubt it was any of those things. Never heard of a player demanding a new contract with 4 games left on his current contract. And teams can't contact players on other teams that are under contract. 

I really don't think it's the crazy headscratcher that people are making it out to be. If you want to keep a player and you have a number in your head that you're willing to pay, you try to reach a contract before they become an unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team. Waiting to negotiate with 31 other teams is not wise. Now the Panthers can focus on Bradberry and if they can't settle on a number with him, they can use the franchise tag on him. My guess is they were actively negotiating with both Shaq and Bradberry's agents and Bradberry's agent was angling for a much higher number than Shaq.

All that being said, I think it's a tad of an overpay but you're always gambling when you lock someone up before free agency. You might accept paying a million or two more per year than what might be fair market value to ensure a contract rather than wait and risk another team offering a ridiculous desperate number that completely resets the market, either for your player or another player of the same position which effects negotiations. 

48 minutes ago, PantherWake said:

Only if Cam Huggers let Cam haters use the excuse of bad O-Line, bad WR separation, bad WR catching, poor coaching, and having to do everything himself ... then yes.

Archived