• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

The type of expectations people have placed on Allen is unfair.  Panther fans have been wanting him to come in and be Brady. Guy is young. Started in an 0-2 hole. Ultimately he is pretty much a rookie and hes 5-5.  I'm not saying he needs to be the starter for the future. But he has outplayed his salary, and I'd be happy to have him as a back up. After this year...he'll have some good experience under his belt...another full off season and hes cheap. I mean I'm not say hes better then Cam was his rookie year...but Cam was 6-10. Not to mention he should have beaten the Saints if it wasnt for Slye. Has a shitty defense. Played well in the loss to GB. He has played a few eggs. But I wouldnt use him as a scapegoat for our season.

When you're the starting QB there's certain expectations. He's played well for a UDFA, but he's not played well as a starting QB. It is what it is.

That's clearly not entirely on Allen, but why are we forcing passes on such low percentage plays like that? Those are the types of plays you reserve for your receivers that actually have legit hands.

When was the last time Ian Thomas even played significant time in a game?

Just not smart football overall.

2 minutes ago, CarolinaSock said:

If you can't ask a safety to cover someone then they don't belong on the field. 

He's a SS not a FS...there's a difference to playing a deep zone and being asked to chase someone who outmatche you athletically. Putting him on these athletic new age tight ends is setting him up to fail. Tre or shaq are better pieces to be used in this fashion.

2 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

The type of expectations people have placed on Allen is unfair.  Panther fans have been wanting him to come in and be Brady. Guy is young. Started in an 0-2 hole. Ultimately he is pretty much a rookie and hes 5-5.  I'm not saying he needs to be the starter for the future. But he has outplayed his salary, and I'd be happy to have him as a back up. After this year...he'll have some good experience under his...another full off season and hes cheap. I mean I'm not say hes better then Cam was his rookie year...but Cam was 6-10. Not to mention he should have beaten the Saints if it wasnt for Slye. Has a shitty defense. Played well in the loss to GB. He has played a few eggs. But I wouldnt use him as a scapegoat for our season.

He has not outplayed anything. He's played exactly like a backup. Cam was breaking records his rookie year.

Just now, TheRed said:

That's clearly not entirely on Allen, but why are we forcing passes on such low percentage plays like that? Those are the types of plays you reserve for your receivers that actually have legit hands. When was the last time Ian Thomas even played significant time in a game? Just not smart football overall

He should not have been on the bench so much; that was rust.

Archived