• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Well he's good for spot duty if the starter is hurt for some plays or filling in for an injured starter for a couple games. That's what you want from a backup. He just can't be asked to be a starter for a full season or even half of one. If backups could be good for that long, they wouldn't be backups anymore.

The type of expectations people have placed on Allen is unfair.  Panther fans have been wanting him to come in and be Brady. Guy is young. Started in an 0-2 hole. Ultimately he is pretty much a rookie and hes 5-5.  I'm not saying he needs to be the starter for the future. But he has outplayed his salary, and I'd be happy to have him as a back up. After this year...he'll have some good experience under his belt...another full off season and hes cheap. I mean I'm not say hes better then Cam was his rookie year...but Cam was 6-10. Not to mention he should have beaten the Saints if it wasnt for Slye. Has a shitty defense. Played well in the loss to GB. He has played a few eggs. But I wouldnt use him as a scapegoat for our season.

Archived