• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Attractive is this Carolina Panthers Job?

CMAC22

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Who's our quarterback next year?

There's also a belief that Atlanta might go after a young quarterback to be Matt Ryan's successor.

Don't know on the first one, but my comment was more referencing the fit in Atlanta. I'm guessing that with all the cap money they have tied up in Ryan, Julio, etc, that they probably would be in "win now" mode rather than a full rebuild/move on from Ryan, etc.

56 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Wait I thought you said he was just another JR but younger.  LOL

I believe he is, but I will wait and see. 

Actually I think he’s more like a Snyder.... hopefully he can figure it all out where Snyder never has.  

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They are married to Matt Ryan's contract for the next 2-3 years at the minimum. I would think investing a first round pick in a QB would be rather unwise unless the plan is to move him in a trade.

13 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Don't know on the first one, but my comment was more referencing the fit in Atlanta. I'm guessing that with all the cap money they have tied up in Ryan, Julio, etc, that they probably would be in "win now" mode rather than a full rebuild/move on from Ryan, etc.

I don't know either. I'm just relaying Lombardi's speculation.

I confess it's possible Lombardi knows more about the Falcons than I do. Can't honestly claim I follow them much except where it concerns us.

Just now, Cracka McNasty said:

Disagree. Super hot. Very talented. One of the best actresses around.

I can only assume you think the team is super hot and talented and one of the best situations around. 

I don’t believe he thinks that.  Or, I hope he doesn’t.  

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know either. I'm just relaying Lombardi's speculation.

I confess it's possible Lombardi knows more about the Falcons than I do. Can't honestly claim I follow them much except where it concerns us.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/atlanta-falcons/

Click on those tabs across the top and look at Matt Ryan's dead money figure. You will see what I mean.

With the openings everyone thinks will happen, I think the Carolina job is the best one in the NFL.  Owner with lots of money that wants to win that stresses longevity and seems realistic in his expectations.  Plus the roster is in good shape with some studs to build around. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, Lombardi didn't say they were gonna dump him, just groom a successor behind him.

And Ryan's been around a while. Might be time to start thinking of it.

Yeah but investing first round capital might be a bit much. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd round or later pick used, perhaps. I do think that Atlanta will be a HOT spot for a head coach. That roster is definitely built to win now.

8 minutes ago, jtm said:

With the openings everyone thinks will happen, I think the Carolina job is the best one in the NFL.  Owner with lots of money that wants to win that stresses longevity and seems realistic in his expectations.  Plus the roster is in good shape with some studs to build around. 

If you were to factor in history and prominence, the best job is probably the Dallas Cowboys.

Unfortunately for them, the existence of Jerry Jones nullifies pretty much all other factors.

Archived