• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Ron Rivera Presser streaming live at 8:15

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The NFL is not known for it's work/life balance. In fairness, the insanity does have periods of time that are more relaxed. 

And I also don't think him not spending 24/7 dedicated to football was what led to his ultimate failure here. The resistance to change was the predominant factor.

I would agree.

1 minute ago, The Huddler said:

he literally addressed this saying rome isnt built in a day

typical talking out off ass fan

If he's unsatisfied with the team trajectory of any franchise in the league besides the Patriots, he's going to be a terrible owner.  It's a once in a generation dynasty they have, maybe even once a century.  Almost every teams' average winning % in the salary cap era is going to be between 40 and 60%, most between 45 and 55%.  The goal is to make a run during the crest years and quickly ride out the trough.

8 minutes ago, Towelboy said:

Am I wrong in stating, "If you didn't want to lose him, then maybe you should have played more disciplined"?

Ron is a player's coach. His guys love him. But did they love him because they knew win or lose, their jobs were secure?

Does this mean that some younger guys will see the field more? Does this mean that some of the lazy players will get ripped a new one for not doing their jobs? 

I never got the impression that players were especially afraid of Rivera being too harsh on them.

Total class from Coach Rivera, Mr Tepper, and Panthers organization here. Wish Ron the best and I’m sure he will be a HC someone next year. 
The time was right for a culture change and I’m glad MrTepper is trying to get this franchise over the hump. 

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Rome also fell from within’

At this point find a new team. You either have to be an idiot or a troll. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knew it was happening due to performance yet you keep on this fuging shtick and it’s pathetic. 

We keep your guy and we never win a super bowl and will go up and down for years and years.

We change and who knows but I’ll take the unknown over 3 winning seasons in 9 

1 hour ago, MVPccaffrey said:

If he's unsatisfied with the team trajectory of any franchise in the league besides the Patriots, he's going to be a terrible owner.  It's a once in a generation dynasty they have, maybe even once a century.  Almost every teams' average winning % in the salary cap era is going to be between 40 and 60%, most between 45 and 55%.  The goal is to make a run during the crest years and quickly ride out the trough.

you are taking what hes saying, and twisting it to fit your unfounded narrative

12 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Awesome that he brought up the THREE division titles in a row.. you could tell he was pissed about people saying he never won in consecutive seasons. Also took a couple shots at reporters like Person.

He didn’t tho. We went 7-8-1 that year. 8-9-1 if you add playoffs. It’s a weird thing to hang your hat on. 

like I said he basically embraced being mediocre even from his comments

Archived