• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Ron Rivera Presser streaming live at 8:15

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It often does.  The whole Riverboat thing was his version of pushing himself.  It didn't last, as it was out of his comfort zone.

Whatever and whoever led to the decision to transition to the Hybrid 3-4 probably also cemented stability vs. change in his mind. 

Catch the swipe he took at analytics when he said "I was doing 4th and 1 before the numbers said to"?

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I think part of Ron's problem is that stability can turn into mediocrity if you don't keep pushing.

Ron - takes a shitty team and a brand new quarterback, gets it turned around. Division championships, playoffs almost yearly, Super Bowl appearance.

Que McDermott leaving, defense starts slipping. That’s on Ron. 

Que Hurney, and watch us trend downward just as predicted. We aren’t at rock bottom yet. That’s not on Ron. 

Obviously he wasn’t good enough to adjust the curve for Hurney. But really we had what? 5-6 games this year that came down to the final seconds, with a tired ass OL not doing there job? That’s not on Ron, that’s on Hurney. You can’t push a person past their limit when their limit is already low. Going with Slye? That’s on Hurney. 

There’s a reason the patriots are so good, that’s because there’s no GM. The owner and the coach basically fill the roll, and the owner lets the coach make 90% of the decisions. 

40 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Fans have taken for granted just how stable the lockerroom has been the last decade, minus a malcontent or two like Smitty.

Tepper better hit a home run with his next hire or we're really going to regret this, damn.

I kept telling people last night that it could be 10 years before our team is relevant again. It is hard to fi d a good coach in this league. This is the  eginningof the rebuild. Expect many of our players to be gone next year as the neem builds cap space for their new coach.

5 minutes ago, WoahW said:

This is a business and fans and the owner want a winner, Rivera is not a winner, plain and simple. And the fact he had the nerve to ignore the poo that got him fired and instead parade how great he was with 3 division titles and stability etc is pathetic. 

Things start at the top. And right now the top isn’t looking that good at all. I don’t want to be the browns with their analytics or the redskins with their owner literally in every decision. 

I guarantee you Tepper was the one that wanted the defensive switch, see how that turned out.

I guarantee you Tepper was the one that told Ron to run certain plays at certain times. 

I guarantee you Tepper was the one that pulled the plug on cam. 

That does not trend well. I mean he said it himself Hurney is the best college talent evaluator? That does not bode well, Hurney can’t evaluate talent for poo outside of the first round. Which is really not that hard, you or I could do it. 

46 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

And this right here is why this franchise is stuck in mediocrity for the past 25 years. 

fug their feelings. Produce or go home.

Don’t forget. If the players don’t want to win, they won’t. If they are pissed, there goes teppers attempt at gathering analytics. Remember, like Ron hinted there’s only a few coaches left and a handful of players left from when he started. It just so happens those players are all captains. The players hold more sway than you think. They don’t have any hold on the new coaches. 

This isn’t dollar signs on a computer screen and smoozing clients. This is real people, a lot of whom aren’t going to be here next year anyways. Why do you think they would care what happens? 

Meh, nice guy but no tears. I shed those when i submited my PSL payments this summer for a year i knew was going to be missed opertunities.

Yes i believe it will be hard to replace all the team positives you get with a players coach, i just think some of that needs to go to better player management, adjustments and player developement. Its hard to feel all that good when i think about how not good we have been and the time and money i have wasted with this guy at the helm.

Ron, your a nice guy and im not going to feel bad rolling over you once we clean up your mess. Good luck

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think part of Ron's problem is that stability can turn into mediocrity if you don't keep pushing.

I always felt like he became very complacent once he went to the super bowl in 2015.

His way or no way , wouldn’t change 

I always rembered a comment he made when first hired about not believing in staying after hours. Complacency or ego. Sometimes u got to put some overtime in to change the direction you are headed. I think he fell in love with the thoughts of being a head coach and didn’t work harder to stay one. 

1 hour ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Yeah, I'm over this dude.  He just can't take responsibility without a caveat.  He truly thinks he's done everything correctly.  I can't work with that.  You have to know your weaknesses and be open to change.  He was not.  At All.  

Godspeed Ron.  This will follow him to his next job too.

Couldn’t agree more. Every time it’s clear that he bungled something, he won’t admit it. And if he does take even a modicum of personal responsibility, it comes with a caveat of some sort. I honestly feel like that always pissed me off more than anything about him.  

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Ya. I feel like Tepper is in the wrong for firing him before the end of the season. 

Don't get me wrong, I get why Tepper did it. But you don’t do that to a man like Rivera. Apparently the players are not happy about this at all either. 

Silver lining for Ron is that teams that are out of it can start recruiting him immediately.

4 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

I always felt like he became very complacent once he went to the super bowl in 2015.

His way or no way , wouldn’t change 

I always rembered a comment he made when first hired about not believing in staying after hours. Complacency or ego. Sometimes u got to put some overtime in to change the direction you are headed. I think he fell in love with the thoughts of being a head coach and didn’t work harder to stay one. 

The whole "going home at five and not taking it with me" thing was something I can't remember hearing from any other coach. I'm not necessarily critical of it, it's just kind of unusual.

Hell, I think Capers slept in his office sometimes.

Archived