• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Ron Rivera Presser streaming live at 8:15

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Ron’s pride was his downfall. He has learned nothing from this. He just blamed injuries for his firing.

cannot pie this enough.  he refused to adjust and never learned anything; completely lacking in self-awareness.  he's a great human being, but a mediocre head coach.  he could be a great head coach if he acknowledged his shortcomings and learned from past mistakes.  i wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do next.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It strikes me funny that two of the most memorable things about Rivera are his introductory presser (where he characterized his coaching as something it never actually turned out to be) and his final presser (where the general tone made it seem more like a retirement than a termination).

It's been surreal at times...

Just remember to take whatever the next guy says in his introductory presser with a grain of salt as well.

Just now, KB_fan said:

Could he be on a scouting trip somewhere? Not heard a peep from him...

I doubt it, he was sitting next to Norv in the box Sunday(with his face in his hands after Norv called a bad play). Could have been sent Monday but I doubt Tepper would have if he was going to can Rivera. Perhaps.

30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Says a lot about the ownership and the organization. I doubt he's the first really good guy to get fired. Seeing a team and ownership react like this and give him a platform to talk shows a lot of character, maturity, and a total lack of insecurity.

The relationship was good, but the directions were incompatible. It had to end.

Would love to pie this more than once. Been pretty amazing and strengthens my fandom. I like seeing Ron celebrated for all the good he's done. I think it helps allow a fresh start to have Ron go out on a positive note even with a fairly drastic in-season firing. Bitterness lingers and can really destroy organizations. Transparency is powerful for good.

22 minutes ago, rayzor said:

No it's not. They prove it year after year by winning most of their games and plowing through the playoffs. They prove they are good by beating the teams they face regardless of how good or bad that team is in regular season and in the playoffs. 

They prove they are good year after year by not just meeting bad teams in their division but good teams outside of it 8n both conferences.

All we proved by winning the division with an 8-8 record is we were the turd that floated to the top.

But if they get 6 free games a year because their division sucks all they have to do is win 5 more and they make the playoffs. 

If we had their division we’d be sitting at 10-2 right now(or what ever we are at, honestly I quit paying attention when our playoff hopes were dashed). We are in one of the most competitive divisions in the league if not the most. 

That doesn’t detract from the fact we made the playoffs that year versus a poo division. 

The patriots at literally guaranteed a playoff birth because of their division every year? Does that make them bad? Because you certainly didn’t think so. The patriots literally could have won their division games every year and made the playoffs. That’s the point of being a division champ, it’s a guaranteed playoff spot no matter the record. 

31 minutes ago, Kinographer said:

The players all loved him because of  his "more than a game" approach. 

The problem with that is this. To the coaches and players it may just be a job, but to us fans its a hobby and a passion that we put time and money in to. We deserve people who are putting the most effort possible in to winning. This honestly has explained a lot to me about our personnel issues over the years. If a player isn't self motivated he'll never succeed because Rivera is advocating for them to leave football at the door.

THIS RIGHT HERE. 

26 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

But if they get 6 free games a year because their division sucks all they have to do is win 5 more and they make the playoffs. 

If we had their division we’d be sitting at 10-2 right now(or what ever we are at, honestly I quit paying attention when our playoff hopes were dashed). We are in one of the most competitive divisions in the league if not the most. 

That doesn’t detract from the fact we made the playoffs that year versus a poo division. 

The patriots at literally guaranteed a playoff birth because of their division every year? Does that make them bad? Because you certainly didn’t think so. The patriots literally could have won their division games every year and made the playoffs. That’s the point of being a division champ, it’s a guaranteed playoff spot no matter the record. 

But they keep on winning.

Why do they keep winning? Because they are a better team with better coaching and they don't sit there making excuses like we have a history of doing. They consistently beat the teams in front of them regardless of how hard or soft their schedule is. We don't. We win the excuse game and that's about it.

And this division isn't as competitive as you're making it out to be this year. We have one team that is going to be coming out with a winning record. The rest are losing and you can't put that on us having a competitive division because these teams are losing to whoever they play.

There are more simple emotional people than smart logical people on this planet. Its why there are only a few Teppers but all sorts of people who are like "he's a good guy who barely wins but...he's a good guy". Bleh, enough of that. Twitter and everyone connected to the internet socially just shows how far the emo goes. At all levels of society these people want what looks good and makes them feel good(or better about themselves) over what is good and what works well.

I want to FEEEL like we have a good economy whether we actually do or not!!!!!! Just easier to go about me mundane life attaway. Easier to settle than face the facts, cuz then you have to actually do something.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera valued his family too much for that.

Even with the results being what they are, I have a hard time criticizing him for those priorities.

His priorities are just fine.  Nobody is mad he's a family man.  But HC is 1/32 most sought after jobs in the sports world.  If you can't devote the necessary resources to that highly competitive job, you are doomed to fail.

PS:  Does that mean he 9-5'd it for the Super Bowl?  I might have a stroke.

4 hours ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

His priorities are just fine.  Nobody is mad he's a family man.  But HC is 1/32 most sought after jobs in the sports world.  If you can't devote the necessary resources to that highly competitive job, you are doomed to fail.

PS:  Does that mean he 9-5'd it for the Super Bowl?  I might have a stroke.

I'm pretty sure the article where they talked about him doing that came out in the weeks leading up to Super Bowl 50.

So yeah, probably.

Archived