• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you more excited about the Carolina Panthers after yesterday's happenings?

Jeremy Igo

Yup, more excited than I was for sure....apathy had set in pretty hard.

That said, this is only the first step, we have a LOT more to do, specifically get JR's lapdog out of that building.

When that happens, and ALL of the dregs that JR kept around for a family atmosphere vs. an actual football team are finally out of here, I will get even more excited.

If Hurney is retained, in any capacity at GM, I will remain cautiously pessimistic about this team.

I honestly agree that it was time to move on from Rivera. The last few weeks just proved his time was up here. I wish him the best in the future. 

I think they should keep Hurney in some capacity, but not as GM. His scouting and draft knowledge is above average, IMO. Bring in a GM, and move him to a consultant position or some such thing.

I'm excited because I felt things were stagnating.

I'm not one to trash Rivera. I admire his positive traits, but he has become a bit of a dinosaur in the ever-evolving league. New blood - if the right blood - is potentially very exciting imo. Let's hope Tepper hits it out of the park and the Panthers become the envy of the rest of the league.

I’m excited.

i was excited after this past offseason too. “Great” free agent pickups, ok I was pissed off at the draft and now can pat myself on the back and say I was right— terrible. Otherwise I was really excited.  

what a let down.

so I’m excited for what comes next. I’ll stay excited until we are 0-6 next year.

3 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

No. It feels more like critical mass.  The news is interesting for sure. But I'm not looking forward to a rebuild after two losing seasons.

This reaffirms that there is really no point watching any games the rest of this year...and were about to lose a lot of players.

I feel like Cam, TD, and probably Luke soon are all going to be gone.

We just took a huge step back to hopefully go a few steps forward, but we dont know. We could just be taking steps back.

The roster needs havent changed, and were keeping people that should have been fired.  Norv Turner should have been gone. In my mind the 4 games weve lost at the goal line were more on him. 

I feel like we were a few O lineman and a few Dlinemen away from having a good year. We're about 4 yards away from being 8-4. 

While I feel like letting Rivera go may have been the right decision.  Ultimately I'm left even more unsettle about the future of the team and dont really have much expectation for the next year or two. Obviously I'm interested in seeing who they hire. But I'm not interested in putting anymore money in the team or attending games until I get a good feel for the teams trajectory.

TD is in san diego already? 

Excited about the future? yes. 
Next year? no.

I was a firm believer that Cam won’t be back. But, now I feel like Ron is then scapegoat for Cam. And now, today Cam is having foot surgery. Just me speculating but I believe that Ron and Cam’s relationship hasn’t been as great the last couple years. Cam hasn’t been able to be a drop back passer for 9 years. No way in hell will he become a great passer in year 10 under a new HC who didn’t even pick him. We can’t win with Cam. We can’t win with Kyle or Grier. We need a new QB in next year’s draft and that’s Tua.

Just now, Forty-Eight said:

Excited about the future? yes. 
Next year? no.

I was a firm believer that Cam won’t be back. But, now I feel like Ron is then scapegoat for Cam. And now, today Cam is having foot surgery. Just me speculating but I believe that Ron and Cam’s relationship hasn’t been as great the last couple years. Cam hasn’t been able to be a drop back passer for 9 years. No way in hell will he become a great passer in year 10 under a new HC who didn’t even pick him. We can’t win with Cam. We can’t win with Kyle or Grier. We need a new QB in next year’s draft and that’s Tua.

Someone pointed out yesterday that Ron said last year that Cam gave us the best chance to win at a presser,... Tepper talked afterwards about his arm, and then Cam gets benched.

46CBD518-132F-4E06-94BD-2615BBA2DDAF.jpeg

Archived