• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you more excited about the Carolina Panthers after yesterday's happenings?

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No.  Hurney is still here.  Until he is gone my enthusiasm is unchanged.

That's a concern for a lot of folks but if you listen closely to Tepper it seems he wants to leverage the best part of Hurney's effort while compartmentalizing or containing him so that his bad issues doesn't bleed through to other areas within the organization.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It seems like the fan apathy just snapped and folks were back being interested in Panthers football again. The Huddle stats from yesterday definitely back that up, one of the busiest days since 2015. 

So, do you feel a tingling in your nether regions once again? Are you excited for the road ahead as compared to another year of Rivera?

Yes.  Very excited.  I think this is going to end up being a very beneficial move for the whole franchise.  We were sort of stuck in the past, coasting off of our glory days.  Time to shake things up, get Teppers people in here and wash the stench of Jerry Richardson completely out of Mint Street.

3 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

That's a concern for a lot of folks but if you listen closely to Tepper it seems he wants to leverage the best part of Hurney's effort while compartmentalizing or containing him so that his bad issues doesn't bleed through to other areas within the organization.

It's still a holdover from the JR era.  In order to truly move forward there should be a purge.  Purge this muthafugger.

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's still a holdover from the JR era.  In order to truly move forward there should be a purge.  Purge this muthafugger.

For all his faults or the previous GM's, they did some good things. It's possible that Hurney has enough valuable input to still be of use. But, obviously that cannot be as a sole decision maker nor ultimate vote.

I'm fine with utilizing him in a role that allows us to benefit. If that isn't happening, however, he has to go.

Who knows, though? He may still be shown the door.

Im excited about 3 to 5 years from  now,  assuming we find the right fit at coach and qb. But the rebuild could be painful and god forbid we could screw it up. The more i think about it, the more i think letting rin go was a mistake. 

Archived