• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: David Tepper explains why he fired Ron Rivera

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I was ok until he said Hurney is one of the best college talent evaluators around... 

This probably means we’re stuck with Hurney as the GM who will be responsible for the rebuild.

Think about that for a second 

Hurnet rebuilt this team from 2-14 to a superbowl team 4 years later. (He was only here for 2 of those years but he drafed the core of the superbowl team) He has a good track record of rebuilding.

Assistant GM, huh?  Yeah Hurney has a great eye for first round talent and has clearly missed the first round bust.  I guess that is what Tepper was referring too.  However, he said it wouldn't be a "one-man show".  What I gathered from that statement is Hurney makes the first round pick while the assistant GM helps the blind squirrel find a nut in rounds 2-7 and smacks Hurney upside his head when he has the impulse to move up and reach on players.

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

I’m not looking up a 10 year old article at this point but gist of it was the old Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis who was ND HC at the time is good friends with John Fox(probably not after this and you will see why), Fox asked Weis how good was Clausen and he told Fox something to the effect that “he was a sure thing can’t miss blah blah blah.” So Fox pushes to draft Clausen thinking he was gonna be it and totally wasn’t.

I’m paraphrasing from a article I read almost 10 years ago so be kind.

@Mr. Scot

That’s interesting, because john fox himself said that he never scouted/watched clausen. But you’re saying that Fox based on a conversation with Charlie weis convinced hurney that we should try to trade up in the 2nd round for him?

He added: "Personally, I never even watched him because he wasn't a targeted guy for me in our predraft assignments. But I can say now I would hope we draft someone that I've actually gotten a chance to watch

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2695759-john-fox-says-he-never-scouted-jimmy-clausen-before-drafting-qb-with-panthers.amp.html

3 hours ago, ickmule said:

Meddler he appears to be.  Hope we are wrong, but I don’t see it that we are.   

Tepper is a meddler. We all knew it, deep down in our hearts, before he was named the owner.

Could be a blessing or a curse. Probably a bit of both. I think that some owners are more involved than we might think, but it's the ones that know how to pull back that are probably the best ones.

As long as we don't morph into the Skins or the Cowboys, it'll be alright. Maybe.

LOL

Archived