• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: David Tepper explains why he fired Ron Rivera

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Cdw said:

I really thought I'd be excited the day that Ron Rivera was no longer head coach of the Carolina Panthers.  But after watching that clip, hearing what he has to say about Hurney, just the whole thing I don't know what to think.  Marty is safe and Tepper I think is a meddler.  I'll continue to watch, but, I really don't get good vibes from any of this and am not too optimistic going forward

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This is pretty much how I feel right now.

You shouldn't.

My read on this is that Hurney is going to be in charge of college scouting but someone else will have full roster control.

I'm fine with that outcome.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You shouldn't.

My read on this is that Hurney is going to be in charge of college scouting but someone else will have full roster control.

Again, hope you're right.  We will learn a lot more once the season is over.  I really am not prepared for a Hurney lead rebuild.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You shouldn't.

It wont come true the more you say it.  That is not what Tepper said at all

28 minutes ago, Cdw said:

I really thought I'd be excited the day that Ron Rivera was no longer head coach of the Carolina Panthers.  But after watching that clip, hearing what he has to say about Hurney, just the whole thing I don't know what to think.  Marty is safe and Tepper I think is a meddler.  I'll continue to watch, but, I really don't get good vibes from any of this and am not too optimistic going forward

Meddler he appears to be.  Hope we are wrong, but I don’t see it that we are.   

“Hurney is one of the best evaluators of talent”

oh man. This franchise is going in the tank faster than I thought. We are going to do something incredibly desperate in April, liking trading away a future first or two to move up and draft Justin Herbert. 

There are storm clouds on the horizon boys. 

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I’m sorry, but looking at his body language says he’s not an owner. 

Thats just pathetic at best. 

How did you feel about Paul Allen's body language? (RIP Paul)

I thought Tepper was thoughtful and logical, good interview.

Archived