• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: David Tepper explains why he fired Ron Rivera

Jeremy Igo

Luv it...luv it..luv it........

Named Fewell  interim HC Which will will meet Rooney Rule when he is interviewed for full time HC....Names Scott OC and gives him 4 games to show if he is the next son of a coach(like Mcvie) to leapfrog into a HC role. He’s playing chess, not checkers.

19 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Great talent evaluator

The same guy who hasnt listened to his scouts because he LOVED guys like Jimmy Clausen, Gaulden, etc.

Every GM misses...he has been good.  Hard to deny.  Now...his soft, player friendly demeanor is something I seriously question as a GM.

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m not a Hurney guy but the dude may have drafted two league MVPs on this same roster. Say what you want, but that’s definitely something you take notice of 

And how many Super Bowls have we won because we have such a complete roster?

Armanti Edwards specifically says HELLO....SMDH...

This looks like it’s going to be painful. Marty needs to go. He could have drafted CMC and then Dalvin Cook, and instead picked up Curtis Samuel...

oh man oh man oh man.

that line about only accepting excellence? Maybe Ron knew the moment Cam hung me up for the season that this one was lost and he was going to use this year to evaluate the entire team.

id like to think that there was a legitimate conversation between Tepper and Ron about where things were honestly and the future. Marty likely had his own ideas and those conflicted with Ron’s, and for that reason he was fired.

(Complete Speculation)

im shocked by  a lot in this interview. He could have said that he’s a phenomenal coach and he fired him early so that he could land somewhere else, he could have said we just needed a change of pace or a new vision.

i think what Tepper didn’t say spoke more to how he viewed Ron than what he did say. I smell a personality conflict here. Tepper may be trying to take a more Jerry Jones”esque” approach and Ron likely told him to kick rocks, I know football and this team. 

who knows fellas, who knows. I’m sure more will come out.

22 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

“Marty Hurner is one of the best evaluators of college talent in the country. period. And I don’t want to lose that” 

421569542_shakinghead.gif.9cd9c7172c165e5a68adeaf5bad70dfc.gif

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

And how many Super Bowls have we won because we have such a complete roster?

You kids need to grow up a bit

How many teams have won a super bowl in the last fugging decade? We must be the only ones, huh? 

Oh wait. No. Well I guess by your logic then, there must only be 4 competent GMs in the entire fugging league, huh? 

10 minutes ago, LUUUUUKE said:

This looks like it’s going to be painful. Marty needs to go. He could have drafted CMC and then Dalvin Cook, and instead picked up Curtis Samuel...

oh man oh man oh man.

that line about only accepting excellence? Maybe Ron knew the moment Cam hung me up for the season that this one was lost and he was going to use this year to evaluate the entire team.

id like to think that there was a legitimate conversation between Tepper and Ron about where things were honestly and the future. Marty likely had his own ideas and those conflicted with Ron’s, and for that reason he was fired.

(Complete Speculation)

im shocked by  a lot in this interview. He could have said that he’s a phenomenal coach and he fired him early so that he could land somewhere else, he could have said we just needed a change of pace or a new vision.

i think what Tepper didn’t say spoke more to how he viewed Ron than what he did say. I smell a personality conflict here. Tepper may be trying to take a more Jerry Jones”esque” approach and Ron likely told him to kick rocks, I know football and this team. 

who knows fellas, who knows. I’m sure more will come out.

That was Gettleman.

I really thought I'd be excited the day that Ron Rivera was no longer head coach of the Carolina Panthers.  But after watching that clip, hearing what he has to say about Hurney, just the whole thing I don't know what to think.  Marty is safe and Tepper I think is a meddler.  I'll continue to watch, but, I really don't get good vibes from any of this and am not too optimistic going forward

Just now, Cdw said:

I really thought I'd be excited the day that Ron Rivera was no longer head coach of the Carolina Panthers.  But after watching that clip, hearing what he has to say about Hurney, just the whole thing I don't know what to think.  Marty is safe and Tepper I think is a meddler.  I'll continue to watch, but, I really don't get good vibes from any of this and am not too optimistic going forward

This is pretty much how I feel right now.

42 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Great talent evaluator

The same guy who hasnt listened to his scouts because he LOVED guys like Jimmy Clausen, Gaulden, etc.

Ish happens. Ozzie Newsome drafted Boller.  Ted Thompson drafted Brian Brohm

Archived