• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Odds to be the next Head Coach of the Carolina Panthers

Jeremy Igo

A name I liked a while ago was Jack Del Rio.  He's in broadcasting now, but back when he was a DC, our defense was really good.  Lure Lincoln Riley out of OU with an Assistant HC/OC title.   Move Perry to his familiar DC role.  I'm pretty sure Norv will move on, but if Scott was to stick around he could still be the QB/co-offensive coordinator.  Many big time college programs have these shared titles and duties.  If the NFL isn't about egos, putting two heads together is better than one.  Therefore you have two defensive minds (Del Rio/Fewell) and two offensive minds (Riley and Scott Turner).  Secondly, you have a bridge from the old to the new...you won't have a completely new staff walking in here blind having to evaluate players from scratch.

1 hour ago, Catufb85 said:

Harbaugh 44-19 regular season record and 5-3 postseason. 4 seasons 2 NFC champ games 1 win and a Super Bowl Appearance. 

Can’t say he’s not qualified.

Yeah so I came in and took over a team that hadn't been above .500 for 8 years. Immediately had seasons with 13, 11, 12, and 8 wins. Made Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick succeed in an offense I devised that made them superstars. 

3 Conference Championship games and a Super Bowl in 4 years.

26 minutes ago, saX man said:

What I'm hearing from Tepper and the timing indicates we're taking a look at college guys.  Prepare thy-selves. 

MATT RUHLE

NFL experience, turned Baylor around in incredible fashion, seems to have the coaching gene at all levels. 

MATT RUHLE.....This might be a David Tepper kind of guy.

From New York & Played at Penn State.

Tepper as we know is very close to his home state of Pennsylvania.... Steelers &  University of Pittsburgh

4 hours ago, saX man said:

What I'm hearing from Tepper and the timing indicates we're taking a look at college guys.  Prepare thy-selves. 

MATT RUHLE

NFL experience, turned Baylor around in incredible fashion, seems to have the coaching gene at all levels. 

Forgot about Ruhle. Would be a solid hire. 

Archived