• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Odds to be the next Head Coach of the Carolina Panthers

Jeremy Igo

I was surprised to not see Kevin Stefanski on this list. He meets most of what Tepper is looking for. 14 years as an NFL coach, young and innovative. I added a link to a recent great write-up about him. I really liked these quotes: “...Halfway through the 2019 NFL season, Stefanski’s offense ranks first in the NFL in percentage of plays with 21 personnel (two WRs, a tight end and two backs, typically a halfback and fullback), first in percentage of plays with 22 personnel (one WR, two tight ends and two backs) and last in the NFL (by a fair margin) in percentage of plays with 11 personnel (three WRs, one tight end and one back)... Stefanski isn’t afraid for his offense to stand out and look a lot different from the NFL groupthink.  In fact, he wants to look as different as possible, because there isn’t a lot of alpha to be found in following the market. And Stefanski is trying to beat the market.”

https://zonecoverage.com/2019/minnesota-vikings-news/why-kevin-stefanski-might-be-the-nfls-next-great-offensive-coach/

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Odds to be the next Head Coach of the Carolina Panthers (from BetOnline):

Jim Harbaugh +300

Jason Garrett +500

Josh McDaniels +550

Dan Quinn +600

Urban Meyer +600

Greg Roman +1200

Mike LaFleur +1200

Jay Gruden +1400

Doug Marrone +1600

Pat Shurmur +1800

Doug Pederson +2000

Bill Cowher +10000

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Harbaugh 44-19 regular season record and 5-3 postseason. 4 seasons 2 NFC champ games 1 win and a Super Bowl Appearance. 

Can’t say he’s not qualified.

Damn, I didn’t realize his record was that good.  Makes me rethink my comment that I wouldn’t want him as HC.  

22 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

My top three: 

Jim Harbaugh 

Robert Saleh

Greg Roman

Riots would ensue if we hired Jason Garrett. 

I am going to give a hard pass to Harbaugh and Saleh... Harbaugh is a nut case who really hasn't been that successful at Michigan and Saleh has very little game tape on him... One year of greatness does not equal enough to be a candidate, imo

Archived