• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ is tops

Jeremy Igo

Yeah I'll admit I have been saying we should have drafted Calvin Riddley but Moore has been stepping up. Samuel not so much I guess but I know he was getting wide open earlier in the season.

I feel like both of those dudes would be more than okay if they had Cam in his mvp form.

I still think Panthers need a deep threat like Jerry Jeudy or Cee Dee Lamb. Even the great Tom Brady could use a deep threat right about now.

14 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This is what I see every time I watch us.  The fourth down play at the end of the Redskins game illustrates it perfectly.  Kyle "could" have stepped up in the pocket there, but he was so traumatized from the way his C + G's were getting pushed back the whole game that instead he tried to back up and ended up getting smoked.  Not to mention that if we could block up the interior at all, we would have scored on first down.

The O-line is simply getting smacked around too much.  He "could" have stepped up but I see paradis getting smacked and pushed back onto his arse half the time.  Not trusting your O-line will wreck a QB mentality, but a smart one will never call them out, that is the coaches job.  It is just all around frustrating.  Sometimes it appears they just don't give a fug, and not just the panthers team, other teams as well because the O-line just don't get all the glory like QB, RB and WR do.  

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

Seems to be more of a case of wasted talent than missed opportunities.

We should be winning with the performance we're seeing from several of our players. Just doesn't make sense.

There is literally no reason for a roster with as much talent as ours has to be this bad. Ron and Co. have shat the bed so unbelievably that any notion of him keeping his job has to be out of everyone's mind, even his own. 

After years of this place crying about not having a legit WR (some still are for some reason... I saw someone recent say we should draft WR in the first round lol) we finally get a legit stud and the response is “I don’t care”

I’m not even mad at our fanbase anymore. I’m just legit disappointed.

It really sucks to see CMC having a historic year, DJ Moore on pace to finish top 5, Brian Burns showing these incredible star caliber bursts and the response to that is “Meh, I don’t care. Fire Run. Tepper sucks. Hurney bad”

Fugging unbearable losers. 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

After years of this place crying about not having a legit WR (some still are for some reason... I saw someone recent say we should draft WR in the first round lol) we finally get a legit stud and the response is “I don’t care”

It really sucks to see CMC having a historic year, DJ Moore on pace to finish top 5, Brian Burns showing these incredible star caliber bursts and the response to that is “Meh, I don’t care. Fire Run. Tepper sucks. Hurney bad”

We aren't devoid of talent but our young core is smaller than it should be.

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We aren't devoid of talent but our young core is smaller than it should be.

So the proper response to a thread praising DJ for being top 5 caliber or praising CMC for being an MVP caliber is “who cares?” then? These guys don’t deserve credit because of their coaches and GM?

Seems a garbage way of looking at things to me 

18 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

CMC and Moore playing great on offense yet our offense is unbearable to watch at times. Burns showing signs that he could be great yet we’re getting beat by 2 win teams... 

If you think Ron and Hurney should be retained please explain why.

23 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

CMC and Moore playing great on offense yet our offense is unbearable to watch at times. Burns showing signs that he could be great yet we’re getting beat by 2 win teams... 

If you think Ron and Hurney should be retained please explain why.

Where the fug did you get the impression I think they should stay? Triggered much?

My point is, you can give a young guy props despite the team struggling. It’s okay to say “we need a lot of help cause this team and staff sucks, but good job DJ and CMC!”

You don’t have to be negative about every single aspect of the team. Or do you enjoy being negative about everything all the time? (Mind you I don’t mean you specifically. More speaking at the attitude of the forum in general)

38 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

We have the number 4 WR and number 2 RB in the league and yet we can't win games when it matters. That has to be an indictment on the quality of the coaching despite the sub par performance of the olines and dlines this year . 

It's an indictment of the fact Kyle Allen is our starting quarterback

People are over thinking it.  Our defense is league average (very good against the pass, abysmal against the run, but overall grades average).

We were 6-2 last year before Cam went down.  Not many times win with an undrafted jag rookie quarterback.  Not even teams with a lot of talent.

It's a QB driven league.

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

So the proper response to a thread praising DJ for being top 5 caliber or praising CMC for being an MVP caliber is “who cares?” then? These guys don’t deserve credit because of their coaches and GM?

Seems a garbage way of looking at things to me 

I think it's just the general malaise that has settled in. Even the trolls realize the level of play we have seen from some on the team, even though it's largely futile efforts.

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it's just the general malaise that has settled in. Even the trolls realize the level of play we have seen from some on the team, even though it's largely futile efforts.

And I understand that but the reality is that this is a league made for entertainment. Sometimes perhaps we take it a bit too seriously. 

I want to win as much as the next guy. I’m competitive to my core. But it’s okay to be excited about the players that are performing and give them props. We don’t have to devalue that because we have a losing record. It’s still what gives you a glimmer of hope for the future. 

CMC is having a top 5 season ever and DJ is about to finish top 5 at his position this season in his second year. That is legitimately something to be excited about going forward. 

Seems people are more excited about hypothetical draft picks than they are about two superstars on our offense. Wtf is that? 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

And I understand that but the reality is that this is a league made for entertainment. Sometimes perhaps we take it a bit too seriously. 

I want to win as much as the next guy. I’m competitive to my core. But it’s okay to be excited about the players that are performing and give them props. We don’t have to devalue that because we have a losing record. It’s still what gives you a glimmer of hope for the future. 

CMC is having a top 5 season ever and DJ is about to finish top 5 at his position this season in his second year. That is legitimately something to be excited about going forward. 

Seems people are more excited about hypothetical draft picks than they are about two superstars on our offense. Wtf is that? 

Well most fans want to win, something that regardless of what CMC is doing and Moore is doing, is unlikely to happen again this season. So, yeah, you are obviously going to get more excitement out of focusing on the future than dealing with the reality of being a very bad football team. 

Archived