• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ is tops

Jeremy Igo

Forget about just the past 5 games

He is 4th in receiving yards for the entire season, and people are still crying about him not being a 'WR1' because he's not a prototypical 6'3 Calvin Johnson mold.  The game has changed

If the 4th leading receiver in the NFL is not a WR1, I don't know who is.

DJ moore has more yards on the season than Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Hopkins, etc.  He's only behind Michael Thomas, and the TB twins.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/receiving/table/receiving/sort/receivingYards/dir/desc

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Between CMC's success and the team's failures I kind of feel Moore's accomplishments aren't getting the due they deserve.  

We haven't had a guy in the top 4 in receiving yards since Steve Smith, and in fact, most franchises can go decades without having a top 5 receiver

And he's doing this with a noodle armed backup undrafted quarterback, in a conservative run heavy scheme offense, with an offensive line who can't block for downfield throws.

And aside from just being 4th in total yards, his advanced metrics on Pro Football Focus are elite.  I am really baffled at why there is not more recognition that we have an elite WR1 already on the team.

If DJ Moore is 4th in receiving yards playing with Kyle Allen, you could argue he'd be leading the NFL catching passes from a real quarterback in a modern offense.

24 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

Forget about just the past 5 games

He is 4th in receiving yards for the entire season, and people are still crying about him not being a 'WR1' because he's not a prototypical 6'3 Calvin Johnson mold.  The game has changed

If the 4th leading receiver in the NFL is not a WR1, I don't know who is.

DJ moore has more yards on the season than Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Hopkins, etc.  He's only behind Michael Thomas, and the TB twins.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/receiving/table/receiving/sort/receivingYards/dir/desc

A Saint and 2 Bucs are 1,2,3.  Our I-85 rival has Julio and the other top receiver from the DJ draft.

That is why his production is overlooked.  He's quiet and the media ignores us, boom, no love for DJ.

Archived