• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Presser Transcript - Redskins Game

Jeremy Igo

When your team gives up 6 sacks and 7+ yards on the ground your not going to win. Yes Kyle Allen needed to be better but abandoning the run and not being able to punch the ball in at the one yard line or at least sneak it in is horrible. Hurney is just as bad as Rivera and our product shows that. Poor player management and coaching. Just horrible all around. Every long term fan knew this was going to happen even with Newton at the helm. Hurney and Rivera are a team that produces 6-10 seasons. 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Certain times? They averaged 10ypc between Guice and Peterson. Take out the 60 yarder and they still averaged 7.6 ypc.

It wasn’t certain times, moron, it was all the time. We held the 27th ranked rushing offense to 114 net passing yards. You’d think we would have shut them out. Instead, we let the Redskins score 29, which if you weren’t aware was the most points they’ve scored all season. Bravo Ron. 

Did you catch the one series, I think right after the Guice TD, where the Washington offense came out and Peterson sent Guice back to the bench. It was like he was saying 'you got yours today young fella, I'm getting some stats on these guys' and then AD got a TD.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

But we should be nice to Ron and let him ride out the season. Marty too.

I’d rather we didn’t start the process and zero in on the best candidates and maybe our GM replacement too early.

I want to let them ride out on their terms and then we’ll start our process and we’ll just wait until the dust clears and pick through whoever’s left.

Transitioning both the GM and the head coach in a single offseason is always a tricky prospect.

Posted it elsewhere. My preferred solution would be to target two guys who are already connected in some form. My favorite choice is Jeff Ireland and Dan Campbell, but there are other possibilities as well.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

When your team gives up 6 sacks and 7+ yards on the ground your not going to win. Yes Kyle Allen needed to be better but abandoning the run and not being able to punch the ball in at the one yard line or at least sneak it in is horrible.

If Allen doesn't turn the ball over in front of his own end zone that's the difference in the game right there bub. That play directly led to Washington's one possession lead. They actually had 8 points out of it if not for the ball hitting the ground on the 2 pt conversion. As bad as our run defense was, we lost by one possession, and that pick six that got called back was the catalyst that really sent us spiraling. You can't make bad plays like that at home against subpar competition no matter how your defense is playing. It's that simple.

7 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If Allen doesn't turn the ball over in front of his own end zone that's the difference in the game right there bub. That play directly led to Washington's one possession lead. They actually had 8 points out of it if not for the ball hitting the ground on the 2 pt conversion. As bad as our run defense was, we lost by one possession, and that pick six that got called back was the catalyst that really sent us spiraling. You can't make bad plays like that at home against subpar competition no matter how your defense is playing. It's that simple.

So let me ask this.  How does Allen, on a play call that is a timing route, anticipate uncalled defensive pass interference? Because that INT is, according to pretty much everyone, because of that.

I'm not saying Allen played well.  He had. What. 4 good series?

But the INT appears not to be on him.

Missing Wright was tho.

Just now, stbugs said:

It was less about that thread and more my comment being a sarcastic reply to all those saying we should be nice and let the dynamic duo finish the season while the other Jerry is already working on candidates. 

So what you're saying is that an owner can start looking for new coaches prior to the end of the season?!

I thought we had to fire Rivera so we could start looking...

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

So let me ask this.  How does Allen, on a play call that is a timing route, anticipate uncalled defensive pass interference? Because that INT is, according to pretty much everyone, because of that.

I'm not saying Allen played well.  He had. What. 4 good series?

But the INT appears not to be on him.

Missing Wright was tho.

I'll give you playcalling in that scenario could have been better. But at the end, the ball is in the QB's hands, you can't make mistakes like that there. We played down to the level of our competition all around after a very solid first quarter.

Allen has done the best he could given the circumstances but we have our work cut out for us this offseason. All resources should go to shoring up the OL and finding the QB of the future, period. Time is not a luxury for the Panthers. We have cornerstone guys like Olsen who will in all likelihood be hanging it up in the offseason. Cam we already know the odds there. Feel good stories are not going to move the needle. Next man up. Next man up. Next man up. Get the job done or hit the bench.

Archived