• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lose today and Ron should 100% be canned

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is my coworker also damaging and/or jeopardizing my career?

See and that's probably the most important question players should be asking. 

A football team, just like any company, is one cohesive unit where the performance of one has a direct impact on others, just like a mediocre QB can hinder the development and statistics of a young WR. If you continue to accept this mediocrity, you're literally jeopardizing your entire future and your chance of ever evolving and getting a raise. 

And to be hoenst, if someone at my company was making my job more difficult bc they weren't performing optimally at their job, I don't care how likeable that person is, I'd want them gone too. 

25 minutes ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

The sad thing is Ron still hasn't even lost the locker room, being the so called "players" coach he's been his entire tenure. 

And the day he's canned, the players would actually feel bad for him. 

And if it were up to the players and not tepper, Ron would probably get a 10 year extension

That's the saddest part about this whole situation. 

All the more reason to get rid of him. I’d rather players respect the coach than like him. I’d rather they play for their livelihood knowing they be cut or replaced if they don’t preform than to play for a coach because they like him. I’d rather they go out because they’re not helping the team win rather than going out on their own terms.

So basically Belichick. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is my coworker also damaging and/or jeopardizing my career?

Lol stop exaggerating.  These dudes are being paid millions.  Just because your team is mediocre (not even terrible) doesn’t mean your career is being jeopardized.  There is more to life beyond wins and losses.  You make it sound like Rivera’s poor coaching is gonna lead to Kuechly getting put out the league 

Like come on now.

Ya’ll just sound ridiculous, wanting people to turn their back on their coach just because the team has been average.  It’s obvious none of you have played a sport.  Connections are built beyond purely wins and losses.  Otherwise then hell, every great player should just be asking for every mediocre player on their team to be released. 

Rivera should be fired but he doesn’t deserve to have his players turn on him.  Stupid as hell logic.

Just now, Squirrel said:

Some fan you are. 

youre the guy that stays in a toxic relationship and it slowly gives you hypertension, leading to a hemorrhagic stroke. 

rivera hanging on this year is just prolonging the inevitable.  we are the vegetable on a ventilator that should have died a month ago, kept alive by machines, but the wife "doesnt want to lose hope". 

yeah have fun with that

Geno is Better than Cam

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hear a lot of people say that, but let's be real. It isn't practical.

When you hire a new coach, you're always going to be hiring an unknown that you hope will be good. That's just the nature of the game.

I hear a lot of people say they aren't willing to fire Rivera because the other prospects are unknown. Of course they are. Suggesting otherwise is ridiculous, and it's basically an excuse to hang on to a mediocre coach out of fear.

sometimes you just have to say fug it. this Panther team is floundering on the beach. when do you stoke the fires, eat the fish and move on?

50 minutes ago, Mage said:

Lol stop exaggerating.  These dudes are being paid millions.  Just because your team is mediocre (not even terrible) doesn’t mean your career is being jeopardized.  There is more to life beyond wins and losses.  You make it sound like Rivera’s poor coaching is gonna lead to Kuechly getting put out the league 

Like come on now.

Lousy coaching helps keep teams out of the postseason where you make more money, sometimes significantly so.

But no, I don't expect players to turn on a coach they like. That's also why I have no interest in their opinion about the decision.

Emotions should never factor into that sort of thing.

Archived