• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lose today and Ron should 100% be canned

Jeremy Igo

38 minutes ago, jtm said:

I agree to a degree but players still have to make plays. Plus our MVP QB has been injured for two years. 

I think it is time for a change too, but I want to see who the options are before I go all in on fire Ron. 

Good coaches can win with backup qb’s. N.O. won with Teddy Bridgewater.

And with good coaches you don’t see the same mistakes being made week after week, especially when your HC is also calling the defense.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

At some point the stinch of failure and lack of accountability will not be easily washed off this off-season. Firing his ass would bring a new sense of urgency and accountability to the franchise. This would jump start the off-season. 

But who would replace him?!?!  

Who cares. A loss today and there isn't another win on the schedule. It doesn't matter. Hell, throw Steve Smith out there as head coach. At least it would be entertaining.

That Steve Smith line had me cracking up lol but yes that would be entertaining 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hear a lot of people say that, but let's be real. It isn't practical.

When you hire a new coach, you're always going to be hiring an unknown that you hope will be good. That's just the nature of the game.

I hear a lot of people say they aren't willing to fire Rivera because the other prospects are unknown. Of course they are. Suggesting otherwise is ridiculous, and it's basically an excuse to hang on to a mediocre coach out of fear.

At this point, looking at the Panthers and saying we can't part with Rivera and/or Hurney because it could be worse is like Fred Sanford telling Lamont "you want to leave all this" as he opens his arms to the junkyard.

There is no big upside to this season by firing Rivera after a loss to the Redskins.  The problem he has is losing to Redskins means it will be two losses in three weeks to teams with two other wins prior to visiting Charlotte.  That might be okay if we were 8-2 otherwise.  But no, which means there is no big downside, either to sending him/them both home if they lose today.

A loss today should make it inevitable, whether it happens tomorrow or four weeks from tomorrow.  Unless people are happy with mediocrity in general, with an occasional winning season thrown in for good measure.

The sad thing is Ron still hasn't even lost the locker room, being the so called "players" coach he's been his entire tenure. 

And the day he's canned, the players would actually feel bad for him. 

And if it were up to the players and not tepper, Ron would probably get a 10 year extension

That's the saddest part about this whole situation. 

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

At this point, looking at the Panthers and saying we can't part with Rivera and/or Hurney because it could be worse is like Fred Sanford telling Lamont "you want to leave all this" as he opens his arms to the junkyard.

There is no big upside to this season by firing Rivera after a loss to the Redskins.  The problem he has is losing to Redskins means it will be two losses in three weeks to teams with two other wins prior to visiting Charlotte.  That might be okay if we were 8-2 otherwise.  But no, which means there is no big downside, either to sending him/them both home if they lose today.

A loss today should make it inevitable, whether it happens tomorrow or four weeks from tomorrow.  Unless people are happy with mediocrity in general, with an occasional winning season thrown in for good measure.

Which, apparently, some people are.

I get wanting to be optimistic, but there comes a point where it's delusional.

1 minute ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

The sad thing is Ron still hasn't even lost the locker room, being the so called "players" coach he's been his entire tenure. 

And if it were up to the players and not tepper, Ron would probably get a 10 year extension

It's Stockholm Syndrome at this point 

1 minute ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

Players were still defending George Seifert at the end of the 1-15 season in 2001.

That's the first thing I think of whenever somebody tries to defend Rivera by pointing out that the players like him.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Players were still defending George Seifert at the end of the 1-15 season in 2001.

That's the first thing I think of whenever somebody tries to defend Rivera by pointing out that the players like him.

Well I guess it comes down to what you just said 

"I get wanting to be optimistic, but there comes a point where it's delusional." 

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

I'm not a big fan of firings midseason. However, Olsen suggested that the coaching staff had lost control of the locker room (that's how I read it). If that is true at all then yeah go for it.

Which comment? The one where he was talking about guys being satisfied to just look cool?

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's Stockholm Syndrome at this point 

Just because your coach isn’t good doesn’t mean you as a player shouldn’t feel bad if he’s fired. It isn’t like Rivera is a bad guy. 

Would you be happy to see your coworker fired, who you were really cool with, just because he’s not the best in the world? 

Obviously Rivera should be let go, but let’s not act like the players should be jumping up and down in excitement for it.  For a lot of guys he’s the only HC they have ever known in the NFL

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Just because your coach isn’t good doesn’t mean you as a player shouldn’t feel bad if he’s fired. It isn’t like Rivera is a bad guy. 

Would you be happy to see your coworker fired, who you were really cool with, just because he’s not the best in the world? 

Obviously Rivera should be let go, but let’s not act like the players should be jumping up and down in excitement for it.  For a lot of guys he’s the only HC they have ever known in the NFL

Is my coworker also damaging and/or jeopardizing my career?

Archived