• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lose today and Ron should 100% be canned

Jeremy Igo

22 hours ago, Panic said:

Its already draft season in my head. I'm just hoping we don't go 3-2 to finish the season and end 8-8. I always root for the win, but it is pretty obvious we are cleaning house after the season. The biggest question is what happens to Cam and this will play itself out in spring.

This would be the ultimate Ron move...

Knowing he’s getting canned and coaching his ass off for 4 more meaningless games...

22 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Listening to a local D.C. sports station. Guess what? Skins defense saying they had the running game completely figured out, reading it like a book was said.

Rivera does not change what they do week to week. This ain't pee wee ankle biters. If teams figure you out you're done. Unless you have physical freak at QB that can just overcome your suckage.

Rivera needs to go now. This roster is at least a 9 win team with a good coach. 

that's his buddy norv.  they have exactly the same philosophy.   san diego called, they laughed and hung up.

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don’t.  Frankly, this is the only season I think it legitimately could apply. 

QB and lines.  That is football.  Never been a season where we had it this bad in Carolina with injury IMO when looking at those collective 3. 

I’m not advocating we keep Ron as I think everyone has a window and time at a place.  The Cam/Ron era simply make have run its course. 

But as far as 2019 goes? The roster/injury issue just isn’t going to allow Ron to have consistent success.  

I can see this line of thought for playing teams like the 9ers GB and the Saints. But when you lose to teams like the Falcons and Redskins there just isnt any excuse. I don’t care if your DTs are picked up off the street. They have talent to beat those teams. This staff just cannot win.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Unpopular take:

Lost starting QB

OL and DLs both injury plagued messes 

hard for any coach to win more than you lose with those 3 scenarios going on 

You can't even use that excuse. The Steelers lost Big Ben, Connor, Juju, let go of Brown, had some injuries on defense, terrible QB play at times, in the same division as the Ravens, and there still looking to go to the playoffs, may even win 11 games. That's coaching. 

30 minutes ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

You can't even use that excuse. The Steelers lost Big Ben, Connor, Juju, let go of Brown, had some injuries on defense, terrible QB play at times, in the same division as the Ravens, and there still looking to go to the playoffs, may even win 11 games. That's coaching. 

That's several things.  

1.  They play in the AFC vs NFC.  So while we can put up great play vs the Saints and get a L.  They can put up meh play vs the Bengals and get a W. 

2.  As I mentioned, games are won in the trenches for the most part.  Both our lines have been a mess all year.  Steelers haven't suffered that. 

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

That's several things.  

1.  They play in the AFC vs NFC.  So while we can put up great play vs the Saints and get a L.  They can put up meh play vs the Bengals and get a W. 

2.  As I mentioned, games are won in the trenches for the most part.  Both our lines have been a mess all year.  Steelers haven't suffered that. 

LOL...you are trying to argue that the AFC is weaker?  

Archived