• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Room: Panthers/Saints

ellis

The 34 defense is concerning, but even more concerning is the lack of proper utilization. There doesn’t seem to be any coordinated effort to put the right players in the right places on certain downs. Just bad situational football.

1 hour ago, ellis said:

The 34 defense is concerning, but even more concerning is the lack of proper utilization. There doesn’t seem to be any coordinated effort to put the right players in the right places on certain downs. Just bad situational football.

For which my question would be are people doing their jobs poorly or have they just stopped caring?

I'd assume it's the former but I allow for the latter.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For which my question would be are people doing their jobs poorly or have they just stopped caring?

I'd assume it's the former but I allow for the latter.

I don’t think anybody stopped caring. But I’m not a fan of this alignment and I’m even less of a fan of how they choose to use certain players. Burns v 13 personnel is idiotic. Butler off the EDGE in 3rd & 11 (with 53 on the sidelines) is egregious. 

12 hours ago, ellis said:

All the evidence I need to get Ron out of here 

20 minutes ago, morgan55 said:

Man those were the good ole days... Ron fuged up the d this year... but hey we have sacks

When they had Star and Short in the middle, the run defense got infinitely better. The defense looks like the soft Swiss cheese crap we saw in 2011-2012 now

It was never the alignment / front that was the issue.  It was our super expensive DLine not playing worth a dime.  Give Luke good space eaters in front of him, and suddenly he's the best MLB in the game.  His game is so cerebral that he needs the space to read and react.  Not that he isn't athletic, but his game above the shoulders is so good that you need to give him every chance to use it.

15 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Some feedback.  I find backhanded compliments as synonymous with bad reporting.  Allen had a great game, please give the man his credit without cheapening the moment.

I thought he had a fantastic game. He showed a lot of growth. 

Archived