• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper was "very frustrated" losing to Falcons

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Here's an even more interesting question, how much of a rally would Rivera and the Panthers have to stage for Tepper not to burn it all down? Winning record? Playoffs? Playoff win? 

I don’t think it matters. We would have to win out, and we all know that’s not happening.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The safe thinking is that Tepper won't make a rash decision and fire Rivera mid season.

However, the stink of this season could very well bleed into next given the amount of complacency and acceptance of embarrassing losses continues.

I don’t think there is ever a good reason to fire a coach mid season unless you have some young up and comer you want to give a test run. Norv would obviously get the job so that’s not the case here. Could definitely fire Hurney now and get a head start on the GM search but you can’t really do anything about the coaching search until after the season anyways, so no reason to fire Ron before that. Honestly, he’s earned better than that too.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I don’t think there is ever a good reason to fire a coach mid season unless you have some young up and comer you want to give a test run. Norv would obviously get the job so that’s not the case here. Could definitely fire Hurney now and get a head start on the GM search but you can’t really do anything about the coaching search until after the season anyways, so no reason to fire Ron before that. Honestly, he’s earned better than that too.

Not sure Tepper is the kind of guy that will agree. It will be interesting to see.

tiger7_88 was “very frustrated” watching “Super Genius” Tepper set up yet another season of mediocrity and losing by retaining the utter mediocrity known as MoRon Rivera in the 2019 off-season.

You own 2019 lock, stock, and barrel, Mr. “Super Genius”. It is 100% on YOU because YOU are the guy who could have did something but chose to sit on MoRon’s mediocre laurels.

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

tiger7_88 was “very frustrated” watching “Super Genius” Tepper set up yet another season of mediocrity and losing by retaining the utter mediocrity known as MoRon Rivera in the 2019 off-season.

You own 2019 lock, stock, and barrel, Mr. “Super Genius”. It is 100% on YOU because YOU are the guy who could have did something but chose to sit on MoRon’s mediocre laurels.

Somewhere in my gut I fear they'll keep Rivera through next year to not have to pay the rest of his contract out of some sense of loyalty or something like that.

Tepper appears to be a different guy than Richardson but like you I need to see more action before I start fully trusting him.

Currently, the results aren't looking much better than JR.

I'd just really hate to see this franchise suffer another 2010 so relatively soon after the last lost season we had.

48 minutes ago, rodeo said:

it's pretty refreshing having the owner actually say things

Fine line. It's nice to know what the owner is thinking to the extent fans want to know his thoughts on urgent issues, but even though Jerrry Richardson was tight lipped, the other end of the spectrum is also named Jerry, and that I can do without.

Archived