• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you secretly hoping for a blowout?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

The interesting aspect of this question is that it would take a beat down to get RR fired.  It means that we are conditioned to accept the fact that mediocre is enough for RR to keep his job, as it has been in the past.  3 winning seasons in 9--remember that.

The RR excuse:  The team is 5-5 with a backup QB.  That's pretty good, eh boss?

Tepper, however, mentioned--in public to the media--long term mediocrity, when the team was 5-5.  The defense, by the way, the unit that RR runs for the most part, is not playing well.  They have 8 former first rounders on that side of the ball.  On that side of the ball, there is no backup QB. 

So the backup QB excuse is lame--here is why.  The failure to develop an offensive line (and this could be where Marty comes into the equation) perhaps ended Cam's career here.  The weak OL is making it tough for anyone--including Allen--to succeed. If we had an OL, Cam would still be under center and the results would be different.   But when you put your eggs in the defensive basket and still suck, you can't blame the QB.

Great points.

24 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Ron Rivera is the single reason this team is nothing more than mediocre. He makes John fox look like bill belichick. I hope this team loses 407-0 every single game for the rest of the season. Ron needs to go for the better good of this franchise. It would be absolutely irresponsible to bring him back.

I didn’t say he shouldn’t be going. Just not until end of season. He’s 1A if that makes you feel better. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I thought you meant at the end of the season but I could be wrong about that.

Ahh.  I don't see this game as deciding much there.  Plenty of other opportunities to embarrass ourselves down the stretch... i don't see the point / justification in keeping Ron if he misses the playoffs regardless... and we might just miss them even if we go on a streak to end the season and end up with a winning record. 

Just now, mav1234 said:

Ahh.  I don't see this game as deciding much there.  Plenty of other opportunities to embarrass ourselves down the stretch... i don't see the point / justification in keeping Ron if he misses the playoffs regardless... and we might just miss them even if we go on a streak to end the season and end up with a winning record. 

I do, primarily because one of the biggest problems with Rivera is his lousy record within the division of late.

I don’t not want to see a blowout & hope for a win. However I think Ron needs to go. For a defensive minded coach he should never be allowing the amount of points the defense has been giving up throughout the years (even the 15-1 season). He allows the defense to play to soft. It kills me to see the defense play a soft zone and continued to get beat in coverage. I would rather see a blitz first scheme & take your chances in the secondary. Getting beat anyway so might as well hurry the offense into mistakes. I think the corners are better suited for tight man than getting lost in zone coverage. 

Archived