• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers - New Orleans Saints - What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

well, if being a Panther fan has taught me anything...

this is the exact type game we actually show up and play well in.  Not saying we win but we play well. 

it is a pretty specific science.  When we start getting cocky we implode.  We start acting like we are the 0-16 Lions and we show up. 

We historically have always managed the Saints okay as well.  Even in bad years.  Which this isn't. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, and that's pretty much Rivera.

People say "he's a great coach when his back is against the wall" (some even consider that a positive). I ask why does your back have to be against the wall for you to be a good coach?

We will see. From what I can see it doesn't even seem like his job is up for grabs. Tepper is saying the right things but we don't know if it's just words. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

well, if being a Panther fan has taught me anything...

this is the exact type game we actually show up and play well in.  Not saying we win but we play well. 

it is a pretty specific science.  When we start getting cocky we implode.  We start acting like we are the 0-16 Lions and we show up. 

We historically have always managed the Saints okay as well.  Even in bad years.  Which this isn't. 

I agree that this is the type of game that out of no where, the good Panthers show up. But for some reason this season feels different, likely because Cam Newton isn't playing. You'd be hard pressed to find a Panthers fan confident Kyle Allen can lead this team to the playoffs after his performance last week.

20 hours ago, hepcat said:

I agree that this is the type of game that out of no where, the good Panthers show up. But for some reason this season feels different, likely because Cam Newton isn't playing. You'd be hard pressed to find a Panthers fan confident Kyle Allen can lead this team to the playoffs after his performance last week.

We are still in the phase of the season where the narrative and outlook drastically changes from week to week in large part.  

Take the board concensus after each of the last 6 games and who we are and what we can do going forward is drastically different. 

I think we play well overall this week.  We still have a young QB learning, behind young weak OL with young WRs though.  So big mistakes are going to happen every week 

Archived