• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know it's depressing, but lets talk about draft eligible QBs

Verge

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm not talking about Cam on a new deal, I'm talking about Cam on his current deal. If he doesn't want to play under that contract, then the decision is basically already made for the Panthers.

That's what people have been hearing that leads them to believe he won't be back though.

What legit NFL source has said Cam does not want to play out his deal?

It's completely illogical to think he won't.

4 hours ago, SBiii said:

What legit NFL source has said Cam does not want to play out his deal?

It's completely illogical to think he won't.

I don’t think it’s a source. I think people are assuming his agent will want him with an extension before he plays out his last year due to his injuries and our questionable offensive line. Hopefully it won’t play out that way, but from a business stand point, I could see him wanting one...

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think it’s a source. I think people are assuming his agent will want him with an extension before he plays out his last year due to his injuries and our questionable offensive line. Hopefully it won’t play out that way, but from a business stand point, I could see him wanting one...

Yeah but he keeps hinting at "what people have been hearing" without any sort of backup. 

I did hear that bozo Darin Gantt saying "what if" about Cam's contract but there's no merit to that sort of pablum.

It's perfectly logical that Cam's agent would want him to have an extension, but it's completely unrealistic to think he will get one.

Seriously, who will offer a competitive long-term deal to an ailing QB coming off of foot surgery who hasn't played in close to 2 years?

Nobody will.

Cam's best option is to play out his contract next season.  If he does so and balls out, he then has ALL the cards....that's a hand he can play into the SINGLE LARGEST QB CONTRACT IN HISTORY -- and with the team of his choice!

Tepper won't give him the option to field other offers but even if he did, were Cam able to find someone stupid enough to extend one it would be a lousy below-market deal.  Not to mention Tepper would probably trade him to some really crappy organization which would suck for Cam.

I'd be interested to see someone lay out a logical path for trading Cam and what kind of contract he'd be able to secure before next season.  Which team, projected details on the contract.  

5 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Yeah but he keeps hinting at "what people have been hearing" without any sort of backup.

It's perfectly logical that Cam's agent would want him to have an extension, but it's completely unrealistic to think he will get one.

Seriously, who will offer a competitive long-term deal to an ailing QB coming off of foot surgery who hasn't played in close to 2 years?

Nobody will.

Cam's best option is to play out his contract next season.  If he does so and balls out, he then has ALL the cards....that's a hand he can play into the SINGLE LARGEST QB CONTRACT IN HISTORY -- and with the team of his choice!

Tepper won't give him the option to field other offers but even if he did were Cam able to find someone stupid enough to extend one it would be a lousy below-market deal.  Not to mention Tepper would probably trade him to some really crappy organization which would suck for Cam.

I agree with everything you are saying. I hope he plays with us and crushes it next year. We could tag him and either trade or extend him. I just hope a desperate team like Chicago doesn’t try to trade and extend him this year for not significant draft capital. I think Allen’s play as of late helps ensure we don’t trade off Cam for peanuts.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I just hope a desperate team like Chicago doesn’t try to trade and extend him this year for not significant draft capital.

Rest easy. 

Chicago can try all they want --- Tepper will never ever make the deal.

We're gonna learn something about Herbert here. Maybe he has the moxie that I think he lacks. Down 14 after his INT leads to an ASU TD, he's getting the ball back with about 12:30 remaining. Let's see what he truly has... if Oregon doesn't take the ball out of his hands this drive. They may go run heavy on this one.

Archived