• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know it's depressing, but lets talk about draft eligible QBs

Verge

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I won't disagree on the skills.  Tua from a skill set perspective is nice. 

NFL is largely between the ears and the hardest aspect to judge in terms of who has it.  Which is more than just intelligence but handling the big stage and pressure. 

IMO, in the few real games Tua has played in? He just overall hasn't looked good. 

But I mean I really like both the Bama kids.  Tua and Hurts.  Come across as real strong and solid people.   Which matters.  I know hurts isn't a Bama kid now.  I just have doubts either pans out. 

The LSU game was a real game with NFL players all over the field and Tua looked solid coming off injury, throwing for a ton of yards. So did Burrow. 

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

I don't think the Alabama QBs are similar at all, though

oh, no.  I didn't mean to imply I thought they were similar players.  Similar only in that I personally don't feel either one will pan out as a good NFL QB.  For different reasons. 

I'm not sold on Tua playing in legit pressure games. 

I'm not sold Hurts can make the throws in the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

The LSU game was a real game with NFL players all over the field and Tua looked solid coming off injury, throwing for a ton of yards. So did Burrow. 

LSU was a big game.  LSU got a shitty PAC10 caliber defense though.  They are just all offense.   Which is why I think if you look at big games that featured Tua played against top 20 college defenses …...those are the ones that bother me. 

His numbers and play vs good competition on D more times than not has left a lot to deserved. 

Just now, CRA said:

LSU was a big game.  LSU got a shitty PAC10 caliber defense though.  They are just all offense.   Which is why I think if you look at big games that featured Tua played against top 20 college defenses …...those are the ones that bother me. 

His numbers and play vs good competition on D more times than not has left a lot to deserved. 

LSU has three first rounders in their secondary too. Agree to disagree on Tua

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

LSU has three first rounders in their secondary too. Agree to disagree on Tua

Their defense is still collectively trash though 

Tua to date has played 4 games against top 20 caliber college defenses.  Had a positive TD/INT ratio in just 1 of those 4. I totally respect the disagreement on Tua.  I know it is tiny sample size I am using to judge him on and dismissing a lot of his work. 

I dont watch college football but I do know the transition to the NFL is a gamble always. I believe Tepper is very intelligent and dont see him letting Cam go if healthy. We saw a flash of Cam in the system in early 18 and he looked great and tbh he was hurt then. He is an elite commodity that can probably be had for 25m a year well below other elite qbs. We havnt had a QB who can throw the deep ball the entire time weve had this offensive cast. The first deep ball Cam connects with Samuel on and forces the defense to back off and then runs for 15 yds and slides and goes crazy he will create a situation that is so hard on the defense exapecially with CMC being there. Cam will consistently throw for 350 yds and CMC will still maintain his stats but on less touches. This is the truth of what will happen if things come together. I even think Olsen comes back for one more year if Cam is here, he will always be open. This could be the most explosive offense in 10 years, i dont see tepper not buying in on this possibility.

I think the big question is if we perform bad enough to land in trade up range to 3-4 for Herbert.  That's who I want and am quite confident he's the most sure thing coming out.  Thought so last year but he went back to school.  A new forward thinking coach and GM will be clawing to get him. 

So let's say we end up top-9, we could make a big trade up, maybe swap with the Jets.  It would take a ton of capital but why not take the gamble?  If Cam is gone we could be staring at the NFC cellar in the worst kind of way.  We could also just suck next year and get a top QB the following.

Eason maybe...Burrow is pretty much a Bengal already. 

7 hours ago, CRA said:

Their defense is still collectively trash though 

Tua to date has played 4 games against top 20 caliber college defenses.  Had a positive TD/INT ratio in just 1 of those 4. I totally respect the disagreement on Tua.  I know it is tiny sample size I am using to judge him on and dismissing a lot of his work. 

I mean that's fair, he just passes the eye test when I've watched him. He still could turn out to be Sam Bradford/Matt Leinart and i can't really argue with worrying that those comps are a realistic expectation for the worst case scenario if you drafted him. I'm just high on him. 

Herbert, from multiple games I've watched, doesn't pass the eye test and that's crazy considering he's the huge one with the great arm. 

On 11/20/2019 at 9:40 AM, Verge said:
On 11/20/2019 at 9:23 AM, kungfoodude said:

Cam having an 11 month recovery time from the actual injury or just in the general sense??

Also, Tua would be off my board at this point. We don't even know that he is going to be capable of playing football again yet. 

I heard it's post surgery, which he hasn't even had yet.

Where did you hear that?

18 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, let me get this straight. There are actual posts in this thread suggesting the Panthers draft a guy who has a Bo Jackson type, career-ending hip injury to replace a guy with a lis franc, potentially career-ending foot injury.

Good work, guys.

Trade the AMC Pacer in for an AMC Hornet.

image.png.67322d52324c8538c0f3be2736dd1f72.png

Talking about simplistic thinking...which defies actual professional information and prognoses...

18 hours ago, Palmetto said:

Tua will slide and end up with a Playoff team and a great situation'

and the fans of losing teams will have arguments on their forums about not drafting Tua

while they are stuck with Trubiski II

You can  actually visit other forums and see this on every good Qb that is passed over (Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott)

I mean the huddle was hoping the Saints would draft Jackson believing it wouldve set their franchise back

This opinion certainly shouldn't be discounted. 

The Huddle certainly is not a doctor's office, nor the stuff made of Las Vegas sports books.

I will leave the medical opinions to the experts, and I stand by what I said until Tua's prognosis does a 180 turn towards the negative; you can't take him off your list, and his name must be highlighted---as in a priority of needed due diligence due to our current situation at QB.

It is sensible to be pro-Tua, and it's sensible to be anti-Tua. 

But don't try and act like the Panthers shouldn't do their due diligence. They may decide to drop out, or push their chips in. Either way, the crystal balls in here are no better than the Tarot cards.

Here's an article that offers a more realistic view of Tua's situation from a doctor, but also makes the question of whether Tua should be drafted in the first round no less compelling. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4234279002

Archived