• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know it's depressing, but lets talk about draft eligible QBs

Verge

Tua is a top ten NFL qb but also an huge injury risk, and i thought that before this hip thing. That's scary. 

Herbert doesn't impress me at all, despite his elite traits. He just seems like a talented dude who doesn't make great decisions and will need a lot of work.

Eason has a strong arm and is big but he got benched for a reason at UGA and he lacks experience, I'd be weary of him. 

Burrow is an anomaly. Having the best season ever and has all the tools, and is a one year wonder. The Bengals are gonna roll the dice on him and I don't blame em, they need a dude. 

29 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Herbert reminds me a lot of Josh Allen. I can be talked into him being a good pro because the talent is there but he has rollercoaster written all over him. If we complain about Cam's volatility then he'd be a continuation of that, imo. 

Are you sure that's not because they both tall and lanky? Herbert has only thrown 21 interceptions in 4 years of starting. Allen threw 21 in 2 years. Allen had a 56% completion percentage in college. Herbert has a 70% completion rate. Allen ran a lot. Herbert doestn. Not sure these two compare much at all. 

So, let me get this straight. There are actual posts in this thread suggesting the Panthers draft a guy who has a Bo Jackson type, career-ending hip injury to replace a guy with a lis franc, potentially career-ending foot injury.

Good work, guys.

Trade the AMC Pacer in for an AMC Hornet.

image.png.67322d52324c8538c0f3be2736dd1f72.png

52 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Tua is a top ten NFL qb but also an huge injury risk, and i thought that before this hip thing. That's scary. 

Herbert doesn't impress me at all, despite his elite traits. He just seems like a talented dude who doesn't make great decisions and will need a lot of work.

Eason has a strong arm and is big but he got benched for a reason at UGA and he lacks experience, I'd be weary of him. 

Burrow is an anomaly. Having the best season ever and has all the tools, and is a one year wonder. The Bengals are gonna roll the dice on him and I don't blame em, they need a dude. 

I don’t know if Tua is a top 10 NFL QB....

If you look at his performances in big games vs good teams?  Specifically good teams with an O and D? Or just look at him vs top 20 defenses. I mean Bama doesn’t have a lot of games where he was really tested. I don’t count his first appearance coming in during a second half playing with house money. No pressure there. 

Tua will slide and end up with a Playoff team and a great situation'

and the fans of losing teams will have arguments on their forums about not drafting Tua

while they are stuck with Trubiski II

You can  actually visit other forums and see this on every good Qb that is passed over (Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott)

I mean the huddle was hoping the Saints would draft Jackson believing it wouldve set their franchise back

58 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Are you sure that's not because they both tall and lanky? Herbert has only thrown 21 interceptions in 4 years of starting. Allen threw 21 in 2 years. Allen had a 56% completion percentage in college. Herbert has a 70% completion rate. Allen ran a lot. Herbert doestn. Not sure these two compare much at all. 

Because they're tall and athletic and lanky and look the same have similar physical tools and traits, which is totally valid when comparing NFL prospects, and both aren't super sure things. Wide opinions on Herbert, particularly PFF which does count, and watching the games matters too. He simply doesn't look as impressive as Tua and Burrow and that's fair to consider when talking bout first round QBs

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I don’t know if Tua is a top 10 NFL QB....

If you look at his performances in big games vs good teams?  Specifically good teams with an O and D? Or just look at him vs top 20 defenses. I mean Bama doesn’t have a lot of games where he was really tested. I don’t count his first appearance coming in during a second half playing with house money. No pressure there. 

He can put up top ten numbers in the NFL, he's no Tribiski. He's got the skills to be effective in this league, and top ten doesn't mean elite anyway, it means capable playing very well in stretches and even Dak Prescott has developed into that--not a stretch at all to think Tua can do that.

Though i could also see a Sam Bradford type career for him too, sooooo

Edit: Sam Bradford, not Darnold

On 11/20/2019 at 6:48 AM, SOJA said:

Again my plan as the Panthers would be to keep Cam unless a team offers a bounty of picks for him and to draft a QB in the first. 

The best case scenario is Cam comes back healthy, the young QB (maybe Tua) can learn and potentially heal for an entire year. The year after you can reassess and deal whichever you like. Remember we can always franchise Cam after next year. 

The worst case scenario is you kept Cam on a cheap deal and have a rookie in the waiting. 

This is coming from a huge Cam stan and I've been so sad the last few weeks with all these rumors about him being done with the Panthers

I think there are a few issues here. 

1. If we keep Cam and draft a QB in the 1st there will be issues. I think we would have to immediately trade Cam. Cam is a good team mate and has helped Allen but I dont think Cam every thought he was a threat, this would be different with a 1st round rookie. If I were Cam I would not play after that, especially coming off an injury. I get what you are saying, but I dont think that would happen. I would not trust the coach would not run me into the ground while I train my replacement... 

2. Cam is not on a cheap deal. IF Cam comes back I think you could probably see a team friendly extension but it would add years to the contract so it would become more complicated cutting him.

I think we have 2 options. 

1. If Cam can play, you keep him and build up that oline. 

2. If Cam cannot play you release him and move on. 

25 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

He can put up top ten numbers in the NFL, he's no Tribiski. He's got the skills to be effective in this league, and top ten doesn't mean elite anyway, it means capable playing very well in stretches and even Dak Prescott has developed into that--not a stretch at all to think Tua can do that.

Though i could also see a Sam Darnold type career for him too, sooooo

I won't disagree on the skills.  Tua from a skill set perspective is nice. 

NFL is largely between the ears and the hardest aspect to judge in terms of who has it.  Which is more than just intelligence but handling the big stage and pressure. 

IMO, in the few real games Tua has played in? He just overall hasn't looked good. 

But I mean I really like both the Bama kids.  Tua and Hurts.  Come across as real strong and solid people.   Which matters.  I know hurts isn't a Bama kid now.  I just have doubts either pans out. 

would I be mad if we drafted Tua if he fell? I probably wouldn't be thrilled.  I wouldn't blast him like I did the day we drafted Jimmy Jam though.  I mean Tua does have the upside. 

32 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

You can  actually visit other forums and see this on every good Qb that is passed over (Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott)

Right but other than AR, teams did not think that any of those guys would be a 'Franchise QB". Teams dont pass on Franchise changing QB's. 

Drafting a developing these kind of elite QB's is like winning the lottery.... but you have to 'buy a ticket' to have a chance of winning. 

Archived