• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know it's depressing, but lets talk about draft eligible QBs

Verge

I have major reservations about Tua.

1) You're talking about a guy who can't stay healthy in college. Now you're expecting him to stay healthy in the NFL where everyone on the field is bigger, stronger and faster?

2) In his college career, he's been surrounded by superior talent at nearly every position. He hasn't been asked to elevate the play of those around him.  

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Name 1 lefty QB that has been good in the NFL not named Young.  I mean there have been a few Vick, Boomer but its pretty rare.

Lol that your arguement

Throw for throw Tua is by far the best prospect in this class, idc if he throws it under hand  

14 hours ago, thefuzz said:

We getting Greg Roman to be the head coach/play caller?

If so, that could open up an entirely different set of QB's.

I am a little surprised that you have Burrow that low in your rankings.  What did you see on tape?

He isn't necessarily low, I'm flip flopping between a late 1/early 2. He has all the QB mentality stuff you want, but his arm and physical attributes is just not there for me. His balls sail on sideline throws, and his deep balls are almost all rainbows, which won't really work at this level. I think he will be good, I just wonder if that kind of QB play transitions, as well as if he isn't a one year wonder off of this new offensive system.

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I still think it's silly that people use "game manager" as if it were a criticism.

The type of guy you call a game manager is actually perfect for a lot of systems (New England and Pittsburgh, for example).

Tom Brady is 100% a game manager

6 hours ago, Xtreme said:

I prefer Burrow but it would make sense to go after a dual threat QB. Though, I don't trust Alabama QB's. So that leaves Hurts and he does look promising. I get a Wilson vibe from him. 

Hurts is like Cam lite. A little worse at everything. 

Just now, CRA said:

Tom Brady is 100% a game manager

Absolutely. Drew Brees as well. And even guys like Joe Montana and Dan Marino fit that profile.

People get way too enamored with physical and athletic skills in quarterbacks when a lot of the most successful ones aren't exactly athletic specimens. Yes they're professional athletes, but not necessarily special within that group.

Hell, Jeff George was a phenomenal athlete, but nobody could make him into a decent quarterback (and Lord knows several teams tried).

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Absolutely. Drew Brees as well. And even guys like Joe Montana and Dan Marino fit that profile.

People get way too enamored with physical and athletic skills in quarterbacks when a lot of the most successful ones aren't exactly athletic specimens. Yes they're professional athletes, but not necessarily special within that group.

Hell, Jeff George was a phenomenal athlete, but nobody could make him into a decent quarterback (and Lord knows several teams tried).

Yea, I've never though "game manager" was a bad term like most.  In the right systems, that's all you need....it's pretty much what Brady has been his entire career.

Some of the craziest athletes to play QB in college really can't make the leap to the NFL.  Newton was special....then you have the George's, Russell's, Young's, etc.....

Just now, thefuzz said:

Yea, I've never though "game manager" was a bad term like most.  In the right systems, that's all you need....it's pretty much what Brady has been his entire career.

Some of the craziest athletes to play QB in college really can't make the leap to the NFL.  Newton was special....then you have the George's, Russell's, Young's, etc.....

Relying on being a superior athlete works pretty well when you're 21 years old and facing other college level players.

When you're 30 and facing some of the best athletes in the world, not so much.

Archived